G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

73 laguna nose

+7
74chick
77malibu77
74MonteCarlo
bigredlaguna
JB2wheeler
IndyG3
laguna454/4spd
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

73 laguna nose Empty 73 laguna nose

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:59 pm

anyone of you laguna guys decided to do without that rubber strip that goes across the front of the nose?

ive been working on mine and decided to fill that space instead of using the strip and i must say im very pleased with the way it looks..PICS UP (a little more primer and itll be ready for paint hopefully this weekend.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

BTW: in case you guys are wondering that IS a 70 chevelle convertible...its got global west suspension, 12 bolt rear, tremec tko 5 speed, and a 502 (the 450 horse/555 ft-lb version)

Last edited by TWBouska on Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:01 am; edited 2 times in total
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

73 laguna nose Empty Re: 73 laguna nose

Post by IndyG3 Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:04 pm

I picked the thread that showed up first to post in Laughing

My dad smoothed out the rubber strip on his '74 Laguna front end. It ends up looking very nice.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:20 pm

haha well thanks i appreciate it i dont think im very interesting my topics usually dont get many comments.

but yeah im really happy with the way it looks...a little more sanding, then primer, white paint and a clear coat and itll be on my car...then i plan on getting one of those ss hoods from us body source and i think my car will look pretty sharp.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:03 am

Well congrats on the popular thread! I think now that I've proven my cars are real, it's ok for me to demand pictures! Very Happy
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:46 am

haha i hear you on that though man i never take pics of mine either really..what all do you have anyways?
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:13 am

Currently, I have a '74 Chevelle and a '77 Malibu wagon, and my daily driver is a 2005 Colorado. I might be looking at a 1990 SS 454 Silverado sometime soon though Cool If I get that, I'd be getting rid of the Colorado and the wagon. What about you?
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:58 pm

Everybody I run into runs down the Colorado. I have never been in one, but it appears like a good truck to me. How do you like yours? Why do you want to switch to a Silverado? JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:13 pm

Personally, I really like my Colorado. It's got the sport suspension (I forget what they call it those years), so it's pretty "sporty" as far as trucks go. It also drives very well...it feels almost like a car. The 3.5 liter I5 is alright. They're pretty powerful, about 260 hp in 2005, but from the factory they're programmed with a torque control management thing. It cuts something like 40% of your power and torque up to 40 mph. It's easy to fix, but it can be expensive. Overall, I would recommend a Colorado for anyone who needs a daily driver truck and has the money for one.
I think the only reason people really talk badly about them is their price. Brand new they're $30k, but they lose their value very fast. That, and they have some issues with some of the elctronics, but most of those problems were recalled and fixed.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:15 pm

As for getting a Silverado, I've always really liked that body style of truck, and the SS 454 is probably one of the coolest trucks that Chevy offered, next to the Trailblazer SS, but those are expensive! Shocked
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:16 pm

I had heard the book value was way down on them. Places like Consumers Reports don't know their.....knee from a hole in the ground. They are always picking on certian cars and people read that crap and believe every word of it. they especially like to pick on GM cars. One of the best cars I ever had was a 1978 Dodge Omni and you remember what they said about it. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:42 pm

JB2wheeler wrote:Everybody I run into runs down the Colorado. I have never been in one, but it appears like a good truck to me. How do you like yours? Why do you want to switch to a Silverado? JB

i used one with my buddy to help him move and i thought the colorado was a great little truck
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:47 pm

IndyG3 wrote: What about you?

i just got my 74 el camino as my daily, then my girlfriend has the 70 chevelle (thats in my pic) which i get to drive quite a bit so i guess its kinda mine too...then i have a 72 gmc sierra (350, th400, dana 60 rear end) but its at my parents ranch in oregon and i dont know when ill even have time to go pick that up.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:48 pm

IndyG3 wrote: What about you?

i just got my 74 el camino as my daily, then my girlfriend has the 70 chevelle (thats in my pic) which i get to drive quite a bit so i guess its kinda mine too...then i have a 72 gmc sierra (350, th400, dana 60 rear end) but its at my parents ranch in oregon and i dont know when ill even have time to go pick that up.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by laguna454/4spd Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:04 pm

iam going to be crossing that bridge one day please post a pic or two i cant decide my self hey how about the back bumper the filler strip i cant find one any where i ve heard just collapse the shocks and push it in and looks like new again whats you thinking on that ?
laguna454/4spd
laguna454/4spd
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:23 pm

laguna454/4spd wrote:iam going to be crossing that bridge one day please post a pic or two i cant decide my self hey how about the back bumper the filler strip i cant find one any where i ve heard just collapse the shocks and push it in and looks like new again whats you thinking on that ?

no it wont work by drilling in the shocks and collapsing they are gas shocks. look on this topic i did it to my 77 malibu

https://www.g3gm.com/general-discussion-f1/bumper-questions-t2224.htm?highlight=bumper+questions

73 laguna nose Brando11
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:23 am

Double topics fixed. Very Happy

Smooth out the front end. I think it looks better that way. I really want to see someone do it with the fugly 75-76 Laguna front end though.

73 laguna nose 0804phr_01z+1973_chevrolet_laguna+photo
73 laguna nose 1973-chevrolet-laguna-7
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:05 pm

thanks for fixing that..not sure how it happened...anyways i did smooth mine out and am really happy with it, it makes it look much cleaner.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:05 pm

PICS UP BY THE WAY GUYS JUST CHECK THE FIRST PAGE OF THE TOPIC.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:12 pm

Looks good bud. Looks like a nice Chevelle. My dad has a '70 Chevelle SS 396 convertible.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:14 pm

the body and interior need some attention, but it'll smoke just about anything on the street. and i bet that convertible of your dads is worth a pretty penny.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:50 pm

The way it sits, not really. Needs a restoration. Body and paint is okay but the undercarriage is awful. Nothing is numbers matching and there are added on options it never came with. And the engine is old and tired out. Needs a rebuild, BAD.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:54 pm

haha funny thing is though, because its an original ss and convertible, its still work at least 20 g's
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:57 pm

Yeah, I know around there. Be a lot more if it was number match and yadda yadda. But, he'll never do anything with it. The engine is on it's last leg, and when it goes, I know he'll just park it and leave it there. Its been on wood blocks for winter storage since October.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:03 pm

ohhh man...that sucks...he just doesnt have the time or what?
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:06 pm

Well, currently, he doesn't have the time. But previous year, he had the time. just lazy I guess. Every since I got my Monte Carlo, he let his car go to hell for some reason. Quite frankly, I think it's jealousy...he'd love for his car to be original un-restored, original miles. If that is the reason, it's really childish, IMO.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next