G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was rear ended in the Monte today...

+10
The Dude
JiMi_DRiX
Mcarlo77
chevy76monteman
BlackChevelleSS
1973montec
laguna454/4spd
ant7377
HDHugger
74MonteCarlo
14 posters

Go down

Was rear ended in the Monte today... Empty Was rear ended in the Monte today...

Post by chevy76monteman Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:15 pm

So I was driving home from work in the Monte today and was stopped behind a school bus, which was stopped and waiting to make a right turn. I was probably stopped for no more than 5 seconds when all of a sudden BAM, jackass in a Toyota Carolla slammed into me. I admit I was not as upset as I thought I would have been. I was upset and cursing, but didn't scream at the driver like I thought I would have. Anyway, I get out of my car and see the front of his car completely smashed. I looked at the back of my car and was surprised that as hard as he hit me, 95% of the damage was confined (amazingly enough) to the driver side tail pipe, which was now bent and wedged up into the wheel well rubbing heavily against the inside of my tire. The other 5% of the damage was confined to the bumper, which is slightly bent out of shape and scratched up. I was able to bend the tail pipe enough (after about 20 minutes of prying and kicking) to get it to where the tire no longer rubbed. Nobody was hurt.

His Car:
Was rear ended in the Monte today... Hiscar

My tail pipe. The foam in the pipe is from his bumper:
Was rear ended in the Monte today... Mybenttailpipe
chevy76monteman
chevy76monteman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Was rear ended in the Monte today... Empty Re: Was rear ended in the Monte today...

Post by 74MonteCarlo Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:21 pm

You're a better person than me. I would have called taht person everything under the sun, and then some!

But you can't blame him for not stopping. It was a Toyota Rolling Eyes

All jokes aside, glad no one was hurt, and that the Monte isn't damaged too much.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Was rear ended in the Monte today... Empty Re: Was rear ended in the Monte today...

Post by 74MonteCarlo Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:23 pm

LMFAO YOU CAN SEE THE HOLE IN HIS BUMPER FORM YOUR TAILPIPE!!!!

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by HDHugger Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:27 pm

They sure don't build 'em like they used to!

HDHugger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:32 pm

That sucks Dustin but you didnt get hurt and the car looks ok. THe Toyota is pretty F-ed up though, I guess dont buy one of those huh?
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by laguna454/4spd Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:11 pm

American made over slant eyed any day i would have said whz yor dady to him or her that lil toy looks bad off Very Happy glad your ok check that car of your,s over and under for damage !!!!!!!!!!!!! hows that driver door shut and passenger side door shut good i hope
laguna454/4spd
laguna454/4spd
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973montec Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:26 pm

74MonteCarlo wrote:LMFAO YOU CAN SEE THE HOLE IN HIS BUMPER FORM YOUR TAILPIPE!!!!

and the styrofoam in his tail pipe............... Shocked
1973montec
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973montec Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:28 pm

Glad your ok. hope they give you enough money so you can do other things to you monte.
1973montec
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:28 pm

Old Chevy 1 Toyota Corolla 0

Was rear ended in the Monte today... SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by chevy76monteman Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:55 pm

laguna454/4spd wrote:American made over slant eyed any day i would have said whz yor dady to him or her that lil toy looks bad off Very Happy glad your ok check that car of your,s over and under for damage !!!!!!!!!!!!! hows that driver door shut and passenger side door shut good i hope

Doors shut fine... well the driver side door I've had problems with because of the saggy hinges, but I thoroughly inspected the car when I got back from the DMV (getting a accident form). I was surprised to see that the exhaust system didn't suffer any damage other than the driver side tail pipe. I was even more surprised at how little damage the bumper got for as hard as this guy hit me.
chevy76monteman
chevy76monteman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:14 pm

Sure come a long way in building safe, durable autos...haven't we? Rolling Eyes

Guy's bumper foam in the tailpipe is CLASSIC!!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:28 pm

Let me guess...the guy was on his cell phone?
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by JiMi_DRiX Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:58 am

wow, that could have been so much worse. Glad to see you and the Monte are ok! It didnt damage any of the tail end other than the pipe and bumper? damn. lol.
JiMi_DRiX
JiMi_DRiX
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:36 am

Hope the SOB learned a lesson. My wife is permanently F'ed up from a kid not paying attention & rear ending her. Sometimes wish I had big metal spikes or a hay fork on my rear bumper for this reason, but I guess now I can just make sure my exhaust sticks out, LoL!

Glad to hear that neither you nor the car were hurt too bad.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:28 pm

Good news that you and the car are relatively safe.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedediah Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:16 pm

I was told by a cop one nite to turn around the freeway was closed, while on a slight up grade looked in my rear veiw and didnt see my brother driving his girls car was on my A$$. I was in my 2001 dodge reg cab short bed lifted on 35s and i rolled back to turn around and crunch. Her car looked like this one and i didnt even give it any gas. Didnt do a thing to the dodge. Oh and my drunk brother wanted to argue bout whose falt it was in front of a cop. Took a bit to show him we just needed go and exhange info and not worry bout whose fault it was in front of the cop. afro
Jedediah
Jedediah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:04 am

Dustin,

VERY glad you and your '76 MC were NOT hurt seriously. As for the Toyota ... well, serves the driver/owner right.....

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |* Rt 66+northwestUS, 2011?
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"What can you do?" ... Mickey Gilley ... 'Full Grown Fool'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:08 am

haha same thing happened to me in the elco...funny thing was dude smashed up his buick century but i ended up with a dent about the size of a quarter in my bumper...which is going to be cut out when i tuck it anyways
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down