G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WANTED****** CENTER CONSOLE FOR AUTO TRANS FOR 73-77

+2
IndyG3
The Dude
6 posters

Go down

WANTED******  CENTER CONSOLE FOR AUTO TRANS FOR 73-77  Empty WANTED****** CENTER CONSOLE FOR AUTO TRANS FOR 73-77

Post by 73 EL CAMINO SS Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:59 am

I was outbid on ebay on a center console that I need for my 73 El Camino SS. If anyone has a center console for auto trans from a 73-77 A body, please let me know. I don't care about the color as long as it is in good condition.
Thanks for any help offered.
73 EL CAMINO SS
73 EL CAMINO SS
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

WANTED******  CENTER CONSOLE FOR AUTO TRANS FOR 73-77  Empty Re: WANTED****** CENTER CONSOLE FOR AUTO TRANS FOR 73-77

Post by abajc3 Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:44 am

if nobody has it, ask steve (mcarlo77). he is the man when it comes to finding g3 parts!

abajc3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

WANTED******  CENTER CONSOLE FOR AUTO TRANS FOR 73-77  Empty Re: WANTED****** CENTER CONSOLE FOR AUTO TRANS FOR 73-77

Post by 73 EL CAMINO SS Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:54 am

Thanks, I ended up finding one that I got on ebay just an hour ago.
Now I want to find the oem floor shift assembly that hooks up to the auto tranny.
73 EL CAMINO SS
73 EL CAMINO SS
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:11 am

For that, you might want to get in touch with 73montec & see if he can contact Chris. That guy has a salvage yard in his garage. mcarlo77 would probably be the only other person that could find one cheap & quick.

If nothing else, try using a B&M or Hurst shifter without the base. I'm almost positive that I saw someone else do it. Dan was that you?
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by abajc3 Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:14 am

keep us posted on that project, i might get a ratchett shifter too once i have a little more power! its good to get some information from ones that already did it

abajc3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:42 am

I actually bought a center console, and I got the shifter assembly with it and I don't think I'm gonna use it. It's in good shape, the assembly works smoothly and I believe that all the parts are there. The only issues I can tell are that it needs a good cleaning and the shifter knob itself is a little ratty. Let me know if you're still having trouble finding one.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:23 pm

73 EL CAMINO SS wrote:Thanks, I ended up finding one that I got on ebay just an hour ago.
Now I want to find the oem floor shift assembly that hooks up to the auto tranny.

Wait I thought I seen a aftermarket shifter box in your pics you not using it ???

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by 73 EL CAMINO SS Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:53 pm

Limey wrote:
73 EL CAMINO SS wrote:Thanks, I ended up finding one that I got on ebay just an hour ago.

Wait I thought I seen a aftermarket shifter box in your pics you not using it ???

I have never done this before, so I don't know if it will work with the console. If it does, than yes I'm going to use the B&M unit I purchased.
73 EL CAMINO SS
73 EL CAMINO SS
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:55 pm

I am sure someone that has done it will chime in, For myself I know already my Z gate ( B&M) fits in my 77 Olds console so maybe try that before you commit to the shifter as well

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by lars Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:22 pm

does no-one remember that I have one. Come on, really
lars
lars
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:28 pm

lars wrote:does no-one remember that I have one. Come on, really

I DO and would go real nice with his new SS stripes on his El Co

WANTED******  CENTER CONSOLE FOR AUTO TRANS FOR 73-77  07911

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 73 EL CAMINO SS Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:56 pm

I could just kick myself for getting the one on ebay. I love the shifter with your console. I hope my B&M shifter will work well.
73 EL CAMINO SS
73 EL CAMINO SS
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by lars Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:08 pm

Too bad I couldn't get on lately, It still is just sitting on my floor.
lars
lars
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by abajc3 Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:50 pm

how much are you asking for it lars? Just curious

abajc3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down