G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride height, rakes, etc. - split from Impala rescue

+9
abajc3
dragons_lair59
Limey SE
1973 454 MONTE
Mcarlo77
pila
ant7377
IndyG3
Biomedtech
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ride height, rakes, etc. - split from Impala rescue - Page 2 Empty source for factory ride height

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:24 pm

Bump
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Ride height, rakes, etc. - split from Impala rescue - Page 2 Empty Re: Ride height, rakes, etc. - split from Impala rescue

Post by zucchi Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:36 pm

This may be useful.

Ride height, rakes, etc. - split from Impala rescue - Page 2 20230710
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Limey SE and 76Chevelle2Tone like this post

Back to top Go down

Ride height, rakes, etc. - split from Impala rescue - Page 2 Empty Re: Ride height, rakes, etc. - split from Impala rescue

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:07 am

Thanks very much zucchi. Not the easiest diagram to read. Am I correct that the height measurements are only the numbers at the bottom of the page. Also dimensions with a model only apply to that model otherwise to all models? So on the left at bottom there are two numbers 19" and 18 7/8'. This means that all models other than Montes are 19" while the Monte is 18 7/8"?
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by zucchi Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:29 am

76Chevelle2Tone wrote:Also dimensions with a model only apply to that model otherwise to all models?

All Chevelle platform models.

76Chevelle2Tone wrote:So on the left at bottom there are two numbers 19" and 18 7/8'. This means that all models other than Montes are 19" while the Monte is 18 7/8"?

That's how I would interpret it.
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

76Chevelle2Tone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:43 pm

Thanks very much. That's a big help. For some reason, this basic info is hidden away.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by zucchi Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:35 am

By the way, in the specifications section of the shop manual, there's a subsection for trim heights…
Ride height, rakes, etc. - split from Impala rescue - Page 2 20230713
Ride height, rakes, etc. - split from Impala rescue - Page 2 20230714
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:08 pm

Thanks. It's not in the (1977 passenger car ) service manuals either for Chevy or Fisher that I could find. My manual does not include the El Camino and other light trucks.What is the Overhaul Manual? The title seen at the bottom right corner of the page.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by zucchi Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:45 pm

76Chevelle2Tone wrote:What is the Overhaul Manual? The title seen at the bottom right corner of the page.

Nearest I can figure is an oversight at the time the Service Manual was published.

There are three manuals published for 1974:

Ride height, rakes, etc. - split from Impala rescue - Page 2 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.2040-parts.com%2F_content%2Fitems%2Fimages%2F69%2F637669%2F001

The one with the green cover is the Overhaul Manual.

1975 and 1976 were supplements to the 1974 manuals. 1977 saw the publication of complete service and overhaul manuals but the wiring diagrams were published in a separate manual.
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:56 pm

There are so many confusing things but the changes were just the normal change for change sake I suppose. Yes I have the separate wiring diagram supplement from 1976 and the middle and right service manuals in your pic from 1977. I don't have the shop manual on the left for combined cars and trucks. I tend to prefer the later manuals for a given model eg 76-81 for 76 models because GM had the sneaky habit of updating specs and procedures without notice in the later years. For example my sedan mysteriously gained weight from 1976 to 1981 according to the manuals which is what started this saga because I am shopping for springs.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2