G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hood clearance

4 posters

Go down

hood clearance Empty hood clearance

Post by pila Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:27 pm

I discovered something good for once. The hood on my '75 Elco project will close over the air cleaner. No need for a "bump" etc in the hood. Very Happy And that's with a 1" phenolic spacer under the carb too !! weird....
The air cleaner is the stock unit for the '76 Caddy 500 (507) that I have in there. Seems like the original Chevy engine was higher, because the original 350 air cleaner left an imprint on the hood insulation pad.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

hood clearance Empty Re: hood clearance

Post by JB2wheeler Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:15 pm

Cool! The less sticking up from the iop of the hood, the more of a sleeper you have. I have tried to keep mine in the sleeper catagory as much as possible, going so far as to buy $1,200 worth of sleeper mag wheels. I took my hood insulation off so my engine could breath just a LITTLE bit better. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry46765 Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:57 pm

We need pictures.....
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 pm

My album is not up to date, since my camera is in for repair, but here's the link to my project.

https://s561.photobucket.com/albums/ss52/steelybill/El%20Camino%20resto/

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by 2fat2fly Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:58 am

pila wrote: I discovered something good for once. The hood on my '75 Elco project will close over the air cleaner. No need for a "bump" etc in the hood. Very Happy And that's with a 1" phenolic spacer under the carb too !! weird....
The air cleaner is the stock unit for the '76 Caddy 500 (507) that I have in there. Seems like the original Chevy engine was higher, because the original 350 air cleaner left an imprint on the hood insulation pad.
Arrow I thought I'd pass this on just in case you start having a rpm problem above 5000 rpm when running without the breather. I was running a torker with an 850, and 3in.x14in. breather. I then went to using a stub stack and was going to run this thing and without the breather just the stub stack and had made a few other changes to the motor. It would pull to 53-5500 (surge) and stop pulling, I was at the track and drove home trying to figure out where I went wrong. I pulled over, took the stub stack off and got back into it, rpm was back in business. What was going on was the stack was just to close to the stock hood, oh well lesson learned !!!!!!!!!!
By the way I checked out the R&R on the photo buckets pics NICE JOB, happy bowtie happy bowtie happy bowtie
2fat2fly
2fat2fly
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum