G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another New Arrival: '77 442

Go down

Another New Arrival:  '77 442 Empty Another New Arrival: '77 442

Post by Mcarlo77 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:48 pm

Okay...which one of you Olds aficionados is going to explain why some '77 442's had two larger front grills and this one has, in effect, four smaller grills?

Sounds like they are going to part this one out. Spread the word and let me know if anyone needs anything off it. Light brown bucket interior. No console. Dash has multiple cracks. Nice instrument cluster and door panels. I understand the previous owner just had the 455 engine rebuilt before giving up on the project.

Another New Arrival:  '77 442 Newarr10
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 71

Back to top Go down

Another New Arrival:  '77 442 Empty Re: Another New Arrival: '77 442

Post by 74MonteCarlo on Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:53 pm

Mmm. Never seen the Dual Hood model.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Another New Arrival:  '77 442 Empty Re: Another New Arrival: '77 442

Post by OnTheBottle on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:50 pm

Where is the car at? I need the complete header panel, and the drivers seat. But I know either of those to be shipped wold be ruff.
OnTheBottle
OnTheBottle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Another New Arrival:  '77 442 Empty Re: Another New Arrival: '77 442

Post by Mcarlo77 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:01 pm

Yeah...even I know Olds didn't build these with Dual Hoods! Laughing

I know it's sacrilegeous to mention anything but "A" body cars on here, but this yard also got in five '67 Firebirds (you can see a convertible in the shop doorway and a coupe behind the 442) and two '70 GTO's! Love this yard!!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 71

Back to top Go down

Another New Arrival:  '77 442 Empty Re: Another New Arrival: '77 442

Post by Mcarlo77 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:13 pm

OnTheBottle wrote:Where is the car at? I need the complete header panel, and the drivers seat. But I know either of those to be shipped wold be ruff.

Located in Minnesota. Drive on up here and pick them up if you dare to leave the warmth of the desert! Don't let the fact that we're entering the time of year where we could start seeing temps drop below zero overnight stop you! Kidding! Let me check it out for you and see what they might want for them...along with an idea on shipping.

Another New Arrival:  '77 442 Newarr12
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 71

Back to top Go down

Another New Arrival:  '77 442 Empty Re: Another New Arrival: '77 442

Post by OnTheBottle on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:44 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:
OnTheBottle wrote:Where is the car at? I need the complete header panel, and the drivers seat. But I know either of those to be shipped wold be ruff.

Located in Minnesota. Drive on up here and pick them up if you dare to leave the warmth of the desert! Don't let the fact that we're entering the time of year where we could start seeing temps drop below zero overnight stop you! Kidding! Let me check it out for you and see what they might want for them...along with an idea on shipping.

LMAO, I'm originally from Chicago, so I can handle the cold if I have to. After 30+ years there, I just don't WANT to see snow ever again.... lol

Thanks for the info.
OnTheBottle
OnTheBottle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Another New Arrival:  '77 442 Empty Re: Another New Arrival: '77 442

Post by Mcarlo77 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:56 pm

I hear ya, brother! All my family now lives in the Phoenix area and I'm the last holdout. Coming down for a visit the week of Barret-Jackson. Keep telling the wifey we're destined to live down there. She lived in Glendale for a few years back in the '60's as a kid and hated the heat/scorpions/black widows. Doubt I'll get her down there again. Teasingly, I tell her I'm sure gonna miss her!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 71

Back to top Go down

Another New Arrival:  '77 442 Empty Re: Another New Arrival: '77 442

Post by laguna454/4spd on Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:11 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:Yeah...even I know Olds didn't build these with Dual Hoods! Laughing

I know it's sacrilegeous to mention anything but "A" body cars on here, but this yard also got in five '67 Firebirds (you can see a convertible in the shop doorway and a coupe behind the 442) and two '70 GTO's! Love this yard!!
HOPE THAT DOESN'T INCLUDE MY 70 SS MONTE lol!
laguna454/4spd
laguna454/4spd
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Another New Arrival:  '77 442 Empty Re: Another New Arrival: '77 442

Post by Mcarlo77 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:18 pm

Confirmed the 442 is being parted out...so, keep in mind some of the interior trim is also shared with certain models of Chevelle/Malibu, Monte Carlo, etc.

Limey, if any of your Olds compadres are interested, let them know the rebuilt '73 455 will be available...as will the posi rearend.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 71

Back to top Go down

Another New Arrival:  '77 442 Empty Re: Another New Arrival: '77 442

Post by Limey SE on Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:23 pm

I would love the 455 and posi rear Only if Limey dont sell Twisted Evil

I have a plan LOL

___________________________________________
1977 Chevelle SE x2
One Mild original
one Wild NON original
Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Another New Arrival:  '77 442 Empty Re: Another New Arrival: '77 442

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum