G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

interior parts

+3
Sinister
jerry46765
1973 454 MONTE
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

interior parts - Page 2 Empty Re: interior parts

Post by 77mali Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:14 am

Smart, those are heavy...LOL. Nice job!
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by texan01 Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:49 pm

I've found a few minor things different between 76 and 77s. The lower dash doesn't have the clip for the speedo cable, instead it goes to a different style speedo head with the clip on it. A/C system is different, otherwise I've not found much to be different between the two. Oh the dome light is plastic instead of pot-metal. The obvious grill and taillights.

I'm thinking about re-doing my front seat, to get it ready for Powertour '13 its very much done for, and I've got a 76 GMC Sprint front seat ready to swap all the good parts (maybe) and just took the parts 77's rusty front seat apart to learn how to do it.

Looks like the backrest foam is interchangable? If so, my drivers side foam is so hashed that its not worth trying to reuse it.

texan01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:53 am

You might have to find a back rest in a salvage yard. I haven't seen any replacement foam for the '73-'77s.....

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by texan01 Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:27 am

pila wrote:You might have to find a back rest in a salvage yard. I haven't seen any replacement foam for the '73-'77s.....

I haven't either, except for the 68-72 bench style with no armrest. Hence why I had 2 extra front seats. now I'm down to one extra front seat as the parts car I bought had the seat frame completely rusted out; not much was really usable from the interior anyway. Mine is just bent from someone large pushing the seatbacks back, and the springs on the drivers side are done, along with the foam.

texan01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:57 pm

77mali wrote:It's funny how these company's that list all this stuff for the 73-77 GM cars don't even know what they're selling half the time. Take the dash cap I bought recently...wrong grain, terrible fit around the a/c vents, did not even "reach" the defroster vents when it's supposed to rest against the windshield...(about an inch too short in the middle)...I hate paying hard earned money for something and it's either totally wrong or a vendor won't admit it's not correct and try & blame you (car related especially).

Like the hood-to-cowl seal I bought from Metro that was 3 inches too short. Smile
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:10 pm

thatfnthing wrote:
77mali wrote:It's funny how these company's that list all this stuff for the 73-77 GM cars don't even know what they're selling half the time. Take the dash cap I bought recently...wrong grain, terrible fit around the a/c vents, did not even "reach" the defroster vents when it's supposed to rest against the windshield...(about an inch too short in the middle)...I hate paying hard earned money for something and it's either totally wrong or a vendor won't admit it's not correct and try & blame you (car related especially).

Like the hood-to-cowl seal I bought from Metro that was 3 inches too short. Smile

3" is a lot to be off. Did they offer you a refund/exchange? I bet they packed it wrong- from what I understand they have a lot of returns & either repackage or "Fire sale" opened items to their dealer/resale network for them to re-package. No

77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:07 pm

Tomorrow I'm gonna install the AC plastic ducts under the dash if I can remember how it all goes back together.
Also I want to design & fabricate strips to hold the carpet edge along the rear edge where it meets the back wall. Not sure what to use for those yet, but maybe aluminum, since I have lots of that. The carpet doesn't lay in there very good.
interior parts - Page 2 P1011279_zpsabf98e8f

The red naugahyde covers the original charcoal colored insulator on the back wall panel, which was always an un-finished look. It has a pocket in it on the driver's side.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:33 am

77mali wrote:3" is a lot to be off. Did they offer you a refund/exchange? I bet they packed it wrong- from what I understand they have a lot of returns & either repackage or "Fire sale" opened items to their dealer/resale network for them to re-package. No

I purchased it and it sat around for a while before I got that far -- had to seal up the inside of the cowl after the A/C project -- so by the time I discovered it it was way too late to go back and complain. I just made do. It's short on the driver's side, maybe I'll purchase another at some point and redo it.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2