G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what was your first car?

+28
Pontichev327
Joe73
jurgenday
geoff528
chevy76monteman
BicknellWelding
JiMi_DRiX
Bruisr
1973montec
Tom77
Shaunaconda
Wallyuph
dynchel
Brainstain
Hawk03
ant7377
Landonus
alleyball4
Laguna Budman
Famstyle
74MonteCarlo
WyldeBill66
maliburacinfreak
Biomedtech
1973 454 MONTE
Graham Perkins
77mali
pila
32 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

what was your first car? Empty what was your first car?

Post by dynchel Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:52 pm

So were all here because we love g3's but what was your first car? I'll start, i had a 1978 2door Pontiac Catalina that my dad bought new. It had a no horsepower 301v8,.and no solid body panels. (Thanks to the really nice climate in ne ohio) I always wished for the 73 chevelle that it replaced but i was 3 when he traded it in. Oh well. Sad
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

what was your first car? Empty Re: what was your first car?

Post by pila Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:01 pm

No one here has likely ever seen, or even seen pics of my first cars. The first one was a '37 Lincoln Zepyr coupe. Flat head V12 engine, 3 speed close ratio trans with floor shifter.
The second car was another Lincoln Zephyr, a '40 club coupe, also a V12, which I later switched to a Furd flat head V8.
Wish I had those cars now !! Very Happy

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:10 pm

It as 1984 and my first car was a 75 monte carlo. 51,000 original miles from the original owner.bought it off him 9 years to the date he bought it new in south carolina.

Ive had 22 73-77 montes since.

what was your first car? Me_mmo10

Last edited by 1973 454 MONTE on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:26 pm

pila wrote:No one here has likely ever seen, or even seen pics of my first cars. The first one was a '37 Lincoln Zepyr coupe. Flat head V12 engine, 3 speed close ratio trans with floor shifter.
The second car was another Lincoln Zephyr, a '40 club coupe, also a V12, which I later switched to a Furd flat head V8.
. i just googled images of a 37 &40 Lincoln zephyr and I must say pretty cool. i think i prefer the '37, but they are both pretty cool. Very Happy
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:35 pm

pila wrote:No one here has likely ever seen, or even seen pics of my first cars. The first one was a '37 Lincoln Zepyr coupe. Flat head V12 engine, 3 speed close ratio trans with floor shifter.

The Zephers are gorgeous (I heard of 'em-LOL).

I had a 77 Olds Cutlass Salon- blue with white interior & Landau top-that I bought @ age 16 back in the 80's. I saved all the money I could from like age 8 or 9 and my Mom ponied up about half with the promise that I'd take her food shopping every Saturday morning. Owned it til I was 21 and there were groceries in the trunk every week (although sometimes I'd be getting home from Friday nights out just in time). That car was the best- lots of great memories! I wish I had been able to keep it.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Graham Perkins Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:00 pm

Hi there,

My first car wasn't a g3gm , but at least it was a chevy. It was a 1967 Impala super sport hardtop. My father picked it out for me,( I got to pay for it though), it had the 283 2 barrel 2 speed powerglide trans combo. It was a great looking car with SS style stripes on the hood and trunk, chrome slotted rims and headers and duals. It was really slow, a good thing for a teenager.Lol.
Cool car , not as cool as the Zepher though.

Thanks Graham.
Graham Perkins
Graham Perkins
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:12 pm

THats it right there to the left of the post. Pretty cool huh?

Pila,the Lincoln Zepher is a beauty! They make great customs too.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:30 pm

76 regal with a 455...was chris' first car.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Biomedtech Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:36 pm

First car was a 1973 Buick Electra 225, after 2 years and innumerable sets of rear tires GoFast I came to my senses and got my first G3, a 1977 Malibu Classic
Biomedtech
Biomedtech
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by maliburacinfreak Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:20 pm

'76 monte with a blown head gasket and no forward gears! dad bought it from a buddy for $200 and made me pay him $250 for it!

maliburacinfreak
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeBill66 Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:27 pm

71 Plymouth Satellite Sebring. The same body as the Road Runner and GTX. It was a rust bucket, but I'd love to find another one. They seem to all have been turned into clone cars now though.

WyldeBill66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:32 pm

Don't be so quick to judge! I am a HUGE Lincoln fan, and have seen many Zephyr's.

My first car was a 1974 Chevelle Malibu. Got it July 8, 2006. My dad and I worked on it all winter, had the motor rebuilt, all that jazz. July 6, 2007: stolen out of our driveway, never to be seen again.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Famstyle Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:42 pm

1977 mali' classic in 85', We got it in78'!
Famstyle
Famstyle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:42 am

I was 13 in 1973 and I worked lawns and cutting tobacco untill I had enough money to get a 1962 VW bug. Tricked it out, with fur headliner, velvet door panels and blue astroturf floors. When i was 15, I made my mother get a midnite green 1973 Laguna. I crashed my VW in August of 76, and bought my 1st 1968 Camaro with the insurance money. Then I got the Laguna from mom in 1977.
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Laguna Budman Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:51 am

Freshman in high school 1985 a 1963 Nova SS convertible. Still have it and love it!
Laguna Budman
Laguna Budman
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyball4 Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:59 am

I bought my first car when I was 15, a 73 Chev Malibu ... it had a 307 2 barrel in it, and it was a God-awful brown color with a tan vinyl top. I paid $375 for it; money I saved from detassling corn.
Back then, Daddy didn't buy you a car, like they do today ... you had to work for whatever you got.
I put a Jensen stereo in it with a power booster, and musical horn that played 99 tunes from JC Whitney... lol ....
Before long, I sold it, to buy a starfire gt, a suped up monza hatchback.
alleyball4
alleyball4
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Landonus Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:05 am

I aquired two cars for free before I was able to drive but the first car I bought with my own hard earned dough was a 1986 Cadillac S&S Hearse. Bought it out of a junkyard and after replacing the tank, carb, and made some lines for it along with a tune up and scrubbing all the green off of it it looked almost new. Then I sold it and it got hit by a train...
Landonus
Landonus
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Landonus Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:33 am

http://www.timesnews.net/article.php?id=3718504

what was your first car? 86040h10
Landonus
Landonus
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:32 am

Thats a strange picture! ^^^^LOL!
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:28 am

My first car was a 1980 Impala 4 door I bought 2 weeks before I turned 16 (1995). It was in really good condition and was a fun car to drive. 3 days after getting my license I was rear ended which bent the frame and totaled the car. My dad took my insurance money, without me knowing and went to a city near by and bought my 1977 Malibu while I was I basketball practice. I wasn't too pleased when I saw it in the drive way when I came home because it didn't look too sharp. After a little work I got it the way I wanted and still enjoy the car today!
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainstain Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:38 am

My actual first car was a 88 Suzuki Samurai. The first car I ever bought was an 86 2 door Caprice.

Brainstain
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:46 am

I love those 2 door caprices, we had 3 go through my household when I was younger. A winter beater '78, the nicest '79 you would have ever seen (from fla, we bought for my aunt) and I had a 86 also. I miss that one. Sad
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:43 am

My first car was given to me by my brother when I turned 16. We did not have a dad as he had past away when I was 5 years old. So big brother was looking out for me. The car was a 1963 Pontiac Catalonia convertible. He had rebuilt engine but tranny sucked and it looked like that partridge family bus for colors and body work. I drove it that winter and then the first car I bought with my own money was a 1973 Malibu. I have a few photos of it below. It had a 350/350 with A/C and dual exhaust when I got it all stock for $450.00. Loved that car. Maybe that's why I have one now.

[img]what was your first car? Wallay10[/img]

[img]what was your first car? Wallys10[/img]

[img]what was your first car? Wallys11[/img]
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaunaconda Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:56 pm

Back from '87-'92 I had a '73 El Camino with a '75 Laguna nose on it. So I have one of each now.
Shaunaconda
Shaunaconda
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:02 pm

My first one was a 59 Edsel. Pink with a white top. My dad said if I got it running I could have it. So began my life with tools. Had it running and driving in a week. The next week is when it quit. Was the epitamy of Fix Or Repair Daily.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum