G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Part ID help (Manifold Vacuum Tap Fittings)

+6
LSANTI76
jerry46765
1973 454 MONTE
dynchel
bigredlaguna
Famstyle
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Part ID help (Manifold Vacuum Tap Fittings) Empty Part ID help (Manifold Vacuum Tap Fittings)

Post by 77mali Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:21 pm

What is the threaded nipple called on the back of the Manifold that has a vac line up top for the trans & a second port for something else I can't recall @ the moment? See pic.
Part ID help (Manifold Vacuum Tap Fittings) 17140010

Last edited by 77mali on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed Title)
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Part ID help (Manifold Vacuum Tap Fittings) Empty Re: Part ID help (Manifold Vacuum Tap Fittings)

Post by Famstyle Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:17 am

power brake vac line!
Famstyle
Famstyle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Part ID help (Manifold Vacuum Tap Fittings) Empty Re: Part ID help (Manifold Vacuum Tap Fittings)

Post by 77mali Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:28 am

The brake vac line runs off the back of my Carb. It's a different connection.

It looks kind of like a PCV but has outlets on the top & the side. Mine is twisted but looks like this one.

Part ID help (Manifold Vacuum Tap Fittings) Vacuum10
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:11 am

A threaded vacuum tee?
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:11 am

I'm sorry- LOL

I'm just trying to search the darn thing online so I can get a new one. Comes up under images if you search "Intake Manifold Vacuum Fittings" but not easy to get the correct name.

I'll just look in the shop manual see if it comes up. Head Bang
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:14 am

I don't think that has one specific name. A split vacuum tee with a threaded end is probably the best thing to call it. Note mine has one hooked to the transmission kick down and nothing on the other (just a plastic block off cap) Very Happy
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:05 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Corvette-Intake-Manifold-Vacuum-Fitting-2-Port-/350668418421?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51a5776d75&vxp=mtr

i have a couple of these.
Part ID help (Manifold Vacuum Tap Fittings) Paul10

but here is another style that i might have somewhere

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1960s-Chevrolet-Original-Dual-Outlet-Intake-Manifold-Vacuum-Fitting-Corvette-/321058058197?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ac08d2fd5&vxp=mtr
Part ID help (Manifold Vacuum Tap Fittings) Pauk210

heres a one port style
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-1968-1969-Camaro-Intake-vacuum-fitting-1-port-Chevelle-Corvette-Nova-/230689203705?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b625e5f9&vxp=mtr
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:39 pm

1973 454 MONTE wrote:
Part ID help (Manifold Vacuum Tap Fittings) Pauk210

Same as what I found- mine is bent on the threaded part. Don't wanna screw up the new manifold.

How much you want for it? I don't want it if it's not straight or cross threaded though. I have to confirm the thread & diameter on mine.

Thanks.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:02 pm

Heres the one off SE to confuse yu more the bottom two had a plugged line on them

[img] Part ID help (Manifold Vacuum Tap Fittings) IMG_20130211_115431_zps27bf9a9a[/img]
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:40 pm

LOL

How many things were connected to that????
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:23 pm

Cruise, brakes and who else knows considering how much factory bondo I have found in the car scratch
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:35 pm

Didn't the vacuum line to the ball-shaped reservoir come from that fitting also ?? I believe it did on some years, while some years got the vacuum for heater controls from a fitting on the front of the intake.
The vac line to the trans modulator goes to the fitting behind the carb for sure.
Seems like about every two years they changed the plumbing arrangement.. My parts catalog isn't very clear on the fittings involved there....
I believe the Jegs catalog has a page of those fittings for vacuum.

As a side note, I have 1 or 2 of the lines for the trans modulator, that goes to the intake manifold if anyone should need one.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:40 pm

I need one like this

Top is for the trans modulator as you said. I think the one @ 45 degrees might be for the vacuum ball.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:53 pm

77mali wrote:I need one like this

Top is for the trans modulator as you said. I think the one @ 45 degrees might be for the vacuum ball.

you DONT have to have one like that..................
Part ID help (Manifold Vacuum Tap Fittings) Icon_t12

1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:00 pm

The trans line comes up the side of the block & connects to the top outlet...I don't want to reshape that line (not much room back there) & it's a pretty precise fit.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:40 pm

Oh

My line goes in the side.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:47 pm

Different generation engine blocks. Which makes it very interesting searching parts. I did find a vendor online- just sux to pay $20 plus freight for a stupid a$$ five dollar fitting. Head Bang

Might check the plumbing section @ Home Cheapo or my local hardware store.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry46765 Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:45 pm

Go to Autozone or Pep Boys and look in the Dorman 'Help' parts section.
I have a catalog somewhere, but can't find it on my pc. Look for their web site for the catalog. Our Autozone will order it if they don't have it on-hand.
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by LSANTI76 Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:37 am

77Mali... I just went out to the garage & checked the same exact fitting on my 76'. It confirms what Pila has already mentioned with line to trans at the top & 45 running the vacuum ball.
LSANTI76
LSANTI76
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:03 am

Thank you to everyone.

I forgot about Dorman Jerry, pretty dumb of me since I have a few parts for the car from them already-duh. THANKS!!!
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:29 pm

Well Dorman makes plastic stuff- plenty of it too. E-bay is like looking for a needle in a haystack as this fitting has a 1/4" nipple topside & the one @ 45* is for 1/8" line. So being the industrious sort I went to my local true value & got the following Brass fittings in the plumbing section.

As a base I got a 3/8" to 1/4" threaded reducer thingy to thread into the manifold. I then used a 3 way 1/4" threaded Tee fitting (the T is sideways on the reducer) which allows for a 45* & a top side both with the correct size nipples(which I also got). What a pain in the ARSE.

BTW I think these fittings are called "Manifold" Vacuum Tap Fittings". I'll post a pic when it's all put together on there.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:22 pm

77MALI ....... pace performance.com has these @12.99 & up AND APPEAR TO BE METAL

Part ID help (Manifold Vacuum Tap Fittings) F22930610

[img][/img]
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:03 pm

I made this one. Couldn't find one like what I had w/ the correct outlets. Just need some good "gas fitting style" yellow Teflon tape to complete the install.

Part ID help (Manifold Vacuum Tap Fittings) P1050212
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:29 pm

Paul,that should work fine. If I find one somewhere I will mail it to you. I have to look in my "stuff" .
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:51 pm

ant7377 wrote:Paul,that should work fine. If I find one somewhere I will mail it to you. I have to look in my "stuff" .

Thanks for the offer Anthony but don't bother to go to any trouble- it'll work fine. Even fits under the air cleaner lid with the Trans Vac line on it. Just had to slice off two of the barbs on the top outlet. On to the next headache my throttle/kick-down cables bracket mods...LOL

77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next