G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the strangest/funniest thing you found in a car?

+11
Mcarlo77
ant7377
pila
dynchel
BicknellWelding
zodiacblue442
1973 454 MONTE
alleyball4
SSTOOLMAN
thatfnthing
Hawk03
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What's the strangest/funniest thing you found in a car? Empty What's the strangest/funniest thing you found in a car?

Post by 77mali Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:12 am

I found a small plastic sandwich baggie wedged in under the passengers side when removing the bench. It was kinda green and looked like really old pulverized oregano. I didn't take a pic but you get the idea. I sometimes wonder if it was from the 70's & how long it was actually there and I picture a couple of friends having a good time in the car down in North Carolina & Buford T. Justice pulling them over and a frantic- "Hide it...hide it!" from the driver.

lol!

Last edited by 77mali on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed Title)
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

What's the strangest/funniest thing you found in a car? Empty Re: What's the strangest/funniest thing you found in a car?

Post by pila Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:11 pm

I've found quite a few odds & ends in cars, like wrenches that slid down behind the rear seat cushion etc, and the usual change, dimes, pennies etc.
My Malibu came from Georgia in 1990 when I bought it, and there was a lady's kerchief with a confederate flag design under the front seat. No junk though, a fairly clean car.
My current Elco is a '75 body, and I found a previous owners old driver's license, registration, & other misc junk, when I stripped the body inside & out for sand blasting. It was pretty trashy inside. No seat came with it.

What's the strangest/funniest thing you found in a car? P1010490_zps721bda99

This was about a year later...
What's the strangest/funniest thing you found in a car? P1010660_zps51da8e3f

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

What's the strangest/funniest thing you found in a car? Empty Re: What's the strangest/funniest thing you found in a car?

Post by thatfnthing Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:24 pm

When I was replacing the rotted out body panels a long time back, I was disassembling one of the southern doors I'd gotten (driver's I think) and found an empty beer can in the bottom of it. Smile
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:27 pm

thatfnthing wrote:When I was replacing the rotted out body panels a long time back, I was disassembling one of the southern doors I'd gotten (driver's I think) and found an empty beer can in the bottom of it. Smile

That came from the factory!
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:27 pm

Hawk03 wrote:
thatfnthing wrote:When I was replacing the rotted out body panels a long time back, I was disassembling one of the southern doors I'd gotten (driver's I think) and found an empty beer can in the bottom of it. Smile

That came from the factory!

LOL

Speaking of, I forgot that I found some extra window crank components in the doors (braces) & found the cars cigar lighter wedged in the rear seat. I also found a $10.00 bill back there with spare change. Very Happy
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:33 pm

77mali wrote:Speaking of, I forgot that I found some extra window crank components in the doors (braces) & found the cars cigar lighter wedged under the rear seat. I also found a $10.00 bill back there with spare change. Very Happy

$10.00? I'm so jealous. I didn't even get the nickel deposit on the beer can 'cuz whatever state it came from didn't do that. Smile
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:02 pm

Yep about $14- there were a bunch of quarters for some strange reason. The bill was "rolled up". I think my car has "seen some stuff". Suspect

Bill did you keep the dixie flag? Hang it from the rearview mirror.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:33 pm

Yeah, it's still around here someplace, Hanging it from my mirror isn't gonna happen though ! Very Happy

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:41 pm

Georgia, eh? What if it belonged to Daisy Duke? Very Happy
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:23 pm

I found a moosehead beer bottle opener key chain behind the glove box of my '78 Catalina. In my '60 oldsmobile I found a old ice scraper with the letter and number phone number. (if that makes any sense) also a small travel kleanex pack. Cool
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by SSTOOLMAN Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:01 am

Back in the early 80's I bough a 77 toronado parts car, under the back seat I found 87 cents in penny's, 3 padded bra's and a shot glass.
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyball4 Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:04 am

SSTOOLMAN wrote:Back in the early 80's I bough a 77 toronado parts car, under the back seat I found 87 cents in penny's, 3 padded bra's and a shot glass.

something was going on in that back seat cheers
alleyball4
alleyball4
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:35 am

alleyball4 wrote:
SSTOOLMAN wrote:Back in the early 80's I bough a 77 toronado parts car, under the back seat I found 87 cents in penny's, 3 padded bra's and a shot glass.

something was going on in that back seat cheers

Excellent! Very Happy
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:24 pm

When i got a 73 monte from my brother i heard buzzing in the back seat, there was a ladybug nest. Was about the size of a frisbee. I have pics of it somewhere.

Another 73 monte i bought for $40 off a guy.he said his GF left it behind and told him to deal with it. Between the console and driver seat was a plastic bag. There was a play toy in it. Just plain wrong. affraid
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:29 pm

1973 454 MONTE wrote:When i got a 73 monte from my brother i heard buzzing in the back seat, there was a ladybug nest. Was about the size of a frisbee. I have pics of it somewhere.

Another 73 monte i bought for $40 off a guy.he said his GF left it behind and told him to deal with it. Between the console and driver seat was a plastic bag. There was a play toy in it. Just plain wrong. affraid

lol! Thumbs up Clapp
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by zodiacblue442 Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:54 pm

77mali wrote:I found a small plastic sandwich baggie wedged in under the passengers side when removing the bench. It was kinda green and looked like really old pulverized oregano. I didn't take a pic but you get the idea. I sometimes wonder if it was from the 70's & how long it was actually there and I picture a couple of friends having a good time in the car down in North Carolina & Buford T. Justice pulling them over and a frantic- "Hide it...hide it!" from the driver.

lol!

This is a neat thread. If you don't mind, I'd love to pose the same question on the 73-77 Olds board and see what responses show up over there.

Other than the spare change under the seat, and various paperwork found in cars I've restored over the years, I'd say the strangest thing I found was a small hatchet in its sheath stuffed way up in the trunk by the spare tire and divider for the passenger compartment in a 76 Cutlass Supreme Brougham that I owned for around a year. It's a nice hatchet and I still have it. Funny thing was, the car was a one owner, about 45K original miles, and belonged to a 91 year old lady. I figured the hatchet was her grandson's. Laughing

--------------------

1973 454 MONTE wrote:When i got a 73 monte from my brother i heard buzzing in the back seat, there was a ladybug nest. Was about the size of a frisbee. I have pics of it somewhere.

That's freakin' hilarious! I think we have a winner. bounce lol! By a play toy in a plastic bag, you mean the little toys you get in McDonald's Happy Meals, right? Rolling Eyes Uhhhh... no. Head Bang
zodiacblue442
zodiacblue442
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:56 pm

Go ahead- post up their responses here too.

The crap you find in an old car you're fixing is hilarious. Chris' "toy" find is my favorite so far. I'd bet someone was frantic looking for it too!!!!
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BicknellWelding Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:34 pm

I got My '75 from a 95 year old woman. When I took the bench seat out I found her granny panties... Really don't want to know why they were there. No

I also had a 76 elcamino, I found a couple of little ceramic pipes in there. The guy I bought it from was a stoner, so i wasn't to surprised
BicknellWelding
BicknellWelding
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:43 pm

What's the strangest/funniest thing you found in a car? Funny_11
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:59 pm

I have a whole tape case of old country western tapes that was under the seat of my 73 and a small plastic cowboy boot under the rear seat. My wife still tells me the car smells like horsecrap when its hot out. Maybe it lived on a farm,dont know?
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:56 am

From that era, I bet you have some Conway Twitty, Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton in the mix.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:10 am

Yeah, thats what it is !!
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:48 am

I found a bunch of insurance cards from the early 80's as well as a forest city auto parts discount card half filled up. I'm a little jealous of some of the cool stuff some of you have found.....
Not the granny panties, lol

Last edited by dynchel on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:13 am

I still have the tapes if anyone wants them. I'll send them if you pay the shipping.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:52 am

Just for the record (in my best Bill Clinton voice)-

"I did not find those bloomers" Very Happy

What's the strangest/funniest thing you found in a car? Funny_12

Last edited by 77mali on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pic)
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next