G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the strangest/funniest thing you found in a car?

+11
Mcarlo77
ant7377
pila
dynchel
BicknellWelding
zodiacblue442
1973 454 MONTE
alleyball4
SSTOOLMAN
thatfnthing
Hawk03
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What's the strangest/funniest thing you found in a car? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the strangest/funniest thing you found in a car?

Post by pila Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:02 pm

This is a great thread !! Very Happy

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

What's the strangest/funniest thing you found in a car? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the strangest/funniest thing you found in a car?

Post by ant7377 Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:38 pm

Whats the stangest thing in any car? What about in a Junkyard?!
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:19 pm

Changed title- go for it! Car junkyard, dealership....whatever, it's all good. Very Happy

Last edited by 77mali on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:22 pm

We found handcuffs (zip tie riot type) in the trunk of my friends 9c1 Caprice. THe junkyard stories could be epic.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:43 pm

pila wrote:This is a great thread !! Very Happy

LOL- thanks. Beer
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:07 pm

Found two 1921 silver dollars behind the driver side door post moldings on a 1978 4-dr Impala at a junkyard. The shoulder strap would disappear through a slit in the upper molding where the retractor was hidden. Try as I might, the only theory I can come up with is some kid was sitting in the back seat with a couple coins grandpa gave him and he couldn't resist sticking them somewhere since they surely wouldn't fit up his nose! scratch

Last edited by Mcarlo77 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:53 pm

77mali wrote:From that era, I bet you have some Conway Twitty, Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton in the mix.
Thats not old country, thats new country. When I was active we listened toJimmie Rodgers and Roy Acuff and Hank Williams. Yes Virginia, There was only ONE Hank Williams. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:37 pm

I don't remember Hank Williams but I do remember Johnny Cash & those others I mentioned. I remember He-Haw also, where many of them performed but my memory gets foggy pre 1974. Very Happy

I remember my parents liked Donny & Marie. I liked the Carol Burnett show. I think it came on right after them on the same network (CBS?) That's waaaaay back for me. LOL

77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:33 pm

Don't know if this fits or not with what all is being discussed here. But I did a head liner in 51 Furd. It was a older mans car and he never drove it I was told. It was in awesome shape but there was stains in the headliner. I told the customer it was from mice. "He said no I don't think so." I pulled out three 55 gallon trash bags of old and fresh mice nest's. Some were still alive and some were all old and dried up. Along with the nests was bird seed. turns out the old guy stored his bird seed in the trunk. It was so bad that the teeth for tucking headliner in were gone and rusted away. I took a hand wire brush to the roof on outer edges and poof right through to day light with one swipe. He ended up grafting a different roof on the car. It was all original and looked perfect at first. What a pain it was in me ears and everywhere. Had to use a respirator mask just to get in the car.

So 165 gallons of mice and bird seed.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:26 pm

I was totally grossed out when I found 3 little ones in my car. Nothing like that though, holy cow!
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:28 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:Found two 1921 silver dollars behind the driver side door post moldings on a 1978 4-dr Impala at a junkyard. The shoulder strap would disappear through a slit in the upper molding where the retractor was hidden. Try as I might, the only theory I can come up with is some kid was sitting in the back seat with a couple coins grandpa gave him and he couldn't resist sticking them somewhere since they surely wouldn't fit up his nose! scratch

LOL

1921 is some old silver, must be worth a little bit! Cool find.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 Buick Century Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:54 am

What haven't I found? Everything from drugs, used baby diapers, old food, used items from "man land" and "lady land" (use your imagination), to spare change in the radio.......working on cars for a living, their cars can speak novels about the owners.

My own car? Set of gas station road maps from the late '70s and Red Lobster gift certificates stowed away in my '75 Lincoln Mark 4, expiration date: November 27, 1979, the day I was born.
1973 Buick Century
1973 Buick Century
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2