G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USBODY.COM Body parts? Anybody ever order from them? They have a 73-77 laguna nose

5 posters

Go down

USBODY.COM Body parts? Anybody ever order from them? They have a 73-77 laguna nose  Empty USBODY.COM Body parts? Anybody ever order from them? They have a 73-77 laguna nose

Post by toms74laguna Wed May 22, 2013 10:52 pm

My front bumper is showing its age and I found that this company sells a repro of it for $699 plus shipping. In fact the sell the whole body.
There was a 74 laguna on ebay that had one on it and it looked good in the pics just don't know what kind of a project it was installing and using it?

toms74laguna
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

USBODY.COM Body parts? Anybody ever order from them? They have a 73-77 laguna nose  Empty Re: USBODY.COM Body parts? Anybody ever order from them? They have a 73-77 laguna nose

Post by JB2wheeler Thu May 23, 2013 2:03 am

What you see is what you get. It has no mounting brackets or anything like that. The lights can be mounted to the skin, but everything will have to be made from scratch. In other words, this was not meant to be used on a stock body car. I have often wanted to use the whole body mounted to a stock frame, which mounts pretty good, but everything else would have to be hand made. I started to buy a frame from a member from Western KY, but knew with my health and all the custom fab work involved that I would never get it finished. I would have had a full roll cage under the body. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

USBODY.COM Body parts? Anybody ever order from them? They have a 73-77 laguna nose  Empty Re: USBODY.COM Body parts? Anybody ever order from them? They have a 73-77 laguna nose

Post by carcass Thu May 23, 2013 3:28 pm

has anybody used one of their hoods on their cars?

how does the cowl model look? Is it to tall?

Is their lift off hood to thin for street use? Getting rid of all the hinges and associated hardware off the nose sounds like a great idea, I'd just pick off the hood have some rubber pads glued to appropriate positions and slam that sucker on the roof for storage as I worked in the engine bay, pain to check the oil but worth it in weight.
carcass
carcass
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by fishhead Thu May 23, 2013 8:14 pm

I think it would be nice if the hood lifted 90-degrees from the windshield toward the front.Too heavy for the stock hood though.

fishhead
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by carcass Fri May 24, 2013 3:26 am

a whole tilt front end would be awesome.

hands down that would be sweet. A pain to get it done I'd bet but exposing a well planned out engine bay with suspension revealed would be satisfying to the core every time you tilted it.
carcass
carcass
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri May 24, 2013 8:58 am

I do know a member doing this with a Laguna Nose maybe when he gets going at it he will post pics

RIGHT MR MYSTERIOUS
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by toms74laguna Fri May 24, 2013 9:59 am

I'd love to talk to him

toms74laguna
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri May 24, 2013 10:46 am

He is doing a 75 76 though TOM
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum