G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mopar pistol grip shift handle which one

2 posters

Go down

mopar pistol grip shift handle which one Empty mopar pistol grip shift handle which one

Post by McCauley5983 Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:43 pm

I'm wanting to get a pistol grip handle but unsure which one too get I'm going with a benchseat so I've narrowed it down to 2 one looks really long
Hurst p/n 5388580 is the shorter one but says it's for a bench seat and p/n5388585 just want to see if anyone has tried one in a Chevy before I spend the money
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

mopar pistol grip shift handle which one Empty Re: mopar pistol grip shift handle which one

Post by dynchel Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:01 pm

I'm pretty sure you are on your own with this one.  A pistol grip shifter would be pretty cool.  Best advice I could give is measure where the shifter ends (assuming you already have a shifter mounted) and make your decision from there.  Make sure you monitor eBay before you buy it new.  I found a nice vintage Hurst t-handle with no bids (and a starting bid of $5.00).  The auction was lacking a lot of info, like thread size, and what it was made of (ie plastic, or metal note: it looked like it could be plastic in the pic).  I emailed him and found it was exactly what I needed, put the starting bid in, and got it for $10.00 to my door.Beer

Last edited by dynchel on Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added information)
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

mopar pistol grip shift handle which one Empty Re: mopar pistol grip shift handle which one

Post by McCauley5983 Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:18 pm

My problem is is that it's mopar and everybody knows how mopar guys are it could be broken in half rusted out and resemble a yugo but just because it's got that little Chrysler emblem it's gold
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down