G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be careful of E15

+2
Joe73
driveit
6 posters

Go down

Be careful of E15 Empty Be careful of E15

Post by Joe73 Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:04 am

Be careful of E15 gas....

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ceW9Nc1hVHU?feature=player_detailpage
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Be careful of E15 Empty Re: Be careful of E15

Post by driveit Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:39 am

I can't watch the video here. What is E15? I have used the E85 in my wifes Journey.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:18 am

Its 15% corn ethano and 85% gas. They're saying any vehicles 2012 or older can have serious engine damage. I know the marine industry has been fighting E15 for years. Even todays E10 eats marine fuel lines in as little as 3 seasons. From the inside out. Seen it on a couple of boats already.

Watch that video. We are actually paying for less gasoline and more ethanol. And ethanol decreases vehicle mileage.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:51 am

I use http://pure-gas.org/ to locate just gas.

I won't use anything other than just gas in all our cars.
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:40 pm

The Gas Treatments such as Lucas' or Seafoam will negate the effects of moisture in the gas system which is the problem w/ E-10. They're not the "gas storage" type treatments but rather an additive that removes moisture & creates a vapor in the tank as well. Don't know if they are as effective on E-15 though. I wish I had more of those gas stations around me. Some of the nearby municipal airports have the good gas though, that is another source.

It's really outrageous that "Big Corn" gets this subsidy from the petroleum industry (through Gub'ment regulations of course). With all the starving people in the world you'd think we could put this commodity to better use instead of wasting it where it's not even required in order to create the narrative that "blending" gas is somehow more environmentally friendly. What a joke.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:08 pm

Paul you said it. What a joke. Worse gas mileage and damage to fuel system.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:11 pm

Farmers have never had it so good...that is, until this season.  So many have jumped on the gravy train that there's a glut of corn ready to hit the market.  Read just the other day that price per bushel is down from a high of over $8/bushel to around $3.55.  What does that mean?  Farmers are going to take a bath as that's less than it cost to put in the crop.  HOWEVER, watch for record profits for the ethanol industry!  

Fortunately, we can buy 91 octane non-oxygenated for classic cars, small engines, boats, all-terrain vehicles, etc.  You pay through the nose for it, though.  You cross into Iowa and they still offer non-oxygenated gas to everyone.  Strange, huh...Iowa probably being the largest corn producer.  Anyway, they charge ten-fifteen cents a gallon more...but, with a 10% increase in mileage, it's a no-brainer to go that route.  Unfortunately, it's about a 90 mile drive for me...so, doesn't pay unless I'm headed down that way for some reason.  Then, I bring along my three 5-gal gas cans and fill the car before heading back home.  Much cheaper than buying it here in MN.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down