G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stainless steel pipes

+5
Joe73
1973 454 MONTE
thatfnthing
driveit
Limey SE
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

stainless steel pipes - Page 2 Empty Re: stainless steel pipes

Post by Joe73 Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:06 pm

Very nice. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again!!!
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:26 am

My system is the Magnaflow 15894. It fits good and sounds great.

stainless steel pipes - Page 2 217310
stainless steel pipes - Page 2 217410
stainless steel pipes - Page 2 217510
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:53 am

Nice tucked exhaust. I'll be going with 73 montes recommendation. No X pipe for me. I don't want to mellow the.tone.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:50 pm

X2..nice tucked in pipes.

I used an H pipe to try & make things quieter. It's all stainless, including Borla mufflers. In fact, this past evening I did some mods to the left tail pipe to make it fit better. The tail pipes are for a '72, which wont fit my '75 Elco without some mods.. It's plenty loud even with the H pipe !

stainless steel pipes - Page 2 P1011312_zpskfxztjfb

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:37 am

Nice Pila!

Is there a better hanger I could use on the rear pipes? I used the U bolts cause that all I had at the time but you can see the end of the bolts from the side of the car. I would like to use something more flush with the pipe so its more hidden.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:45 am

can you rotate.the clamp? That's what I usually do so the threads.don't hang down.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:57 am

Joe73 wrote:can you rotate.the clamp?  That's what I usually do so the threads.don't hang down.

I thought of that as soon as I hit "send". Thinking aloud helps sometimes. That should probably work. I don't think there is anything that would get in the way if the bolts are going up instead of down.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:24 am

Speaking of exhaust notes, when i first Got my chevelle on the street after years of restoring it i had cherrybombs on it. Nice when you want to Wake up the neighbors, bit not cool when driving long trips. The drone makes me crazy. So i bought flowmaster hushpower and made an H pipe. It sounds ok, loud when you stomp on it and mellow when cruising. So all is cool but i have always be interested in the sound that modern musclecars have, right now we have a new hemi challenger in the shop with borla mufflers on it, and i have a wery destinct sound that i have only heard on newer cars. Is that from the borla muffs only? And i can just buy those? Or is there more to it, i mean a newer camaro with a 350 is not that different from mine exept age and fuel injektion and cats. So do anyone have an ideer If i could get the same sound? Not that im not happy with the Way it sounds right now, but those borla makes a much more mean and potent sound. Mine is just loud.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:12 pm

Some time back, a member on here posted a muffler comparison chart.  It listed mufflers according to HP & torque as well as decibels of noise....Maybe a search would turn it up....

EDIT...here it is....
https://www.g3gm.com/t3130-muffler-comparisons

I chose Borla mufflers from that list....

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:17 pm

Thank you. But i already did a exstensive search on the Web and on youtube for sound examples before going with the hushpower muf. And it fits all the things i was looking for, but it dosent have that exact sound im looking for. I have only heard that on the newer musclecars. So ill try the borla muffs next and see what happens
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:23 pm

It may be a bit long and I might have posted this here before, but if I could afford them and could figure out how to fit them in mine, I'd do it in a heart beat. I love the sound of 180 degree headers. Very Happy This guy lives not too far from me and I would love to run across him sometime to see and hear it in person.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2