G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We were talking about "collectibilty" and G3s...

+8
marks454ss
Shaunaconda
chevellelaguna
77mali
Joe73
Dinomyte
pila
jerry46765
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

We were talking about "collectibilty" and G3s... - Page 2 Empty Re: We were talking about "collectibilty" and G3s...

Post by marks454ss Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:56 am

I bought mine for $3800 out of Minnesota. It had been stripped for the strip (ac, support struts, gone and everything else that could be sacrificed for weight). Engine was toast, had 0 psi at idle and 20 psi at 4k. Aftermarket harness for just the essentials. You get the idea. Body was solid though and finding parts is almost as much fun as driving them. Took me 2 years to find everthing.
We were talking about "collectibilty" and G3s... - Page 2 18327011
marks454ss
marks454ss
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

We were talking about "collectibilty" and G3s... - Page 2 Empty Re: We were talking about "collectibilty" and G3s...

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:27 pm

That there is a big ol' motor.

The ebay 73 Laguna is at 11 k with a day left.

chevellelaguna wrote:Good deal for someone! Crazy how lots of the cars didn't bring more money.

Auctions are weird.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by bracketchev1221 Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:42 pm

If you are building any car watching every penny, you will surely lose in the end. If you want an investment buy an apartment building. If you want to build a car because you like it, then do it. If you are only worried about how much you may be able to sell it for then don't even bother. When I sold my Nova, I got back the money I put in for the WORK I did to it since I bought it. So effectively I gave the car away for free.
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:48 pm

True.
But that being said, pissing away money only works for rich guys.

None of us bought these cars as an investment, but neither did the guy that bought a 10 year old Hemi Cuda in 1981.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:28 am

I have never made a profit off a car I fixed up. I usually end up loosing money as the parts alone cost me more than I sell them for. For me its the love of doing them and it keeps them from being crushed.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:02 pm

I don't plan to ever sell mine.  I don't have a mountain of cash or a money tree so mine will be penny pinched until it is where I want it to be.  At least until I change my mind and want to do something different with it.

There is an El Camino G3 near where I live that someone just pulled out in front of their house and put up for sell. I plan to go talk to him as soon as I can. I am sure I can't afford it, but I would love to have one. Plus I would just like to talk to him. If I could I would buy JB's Camino. This is good to help see what others are going for, but I guess it is all relevant to the car.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:15 pm

The completely re-worked ebay 73 Laguna stalled at a little over $13,000. Did not meet the reserve.

Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum