G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shifter Boot and Shifter likes factory

3 posters

Go down

Shifter Boot and Shifter likes factory Empty Shifter Boot and Shifter likes factory

Post by v8power Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:04 am

Hi i serach a Shift Boot and Shifter for my Chevelle with Center console.
I prefere NOS or aftermarket like factory. Used in a good condition is ok too!

PS. Someone has a good Muncie M20 transmission with Bellhousing und clutch flywheel kit 10/27 can PN me.
v8power
v8power
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Shifter Boot and Shifter likes factory Empty Re: Shifter Boot and Shifter likes factory

Post by Joe73 Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:50 am

A factory ITM shifter is pretty much a "holy grail" to find. Its a 73-74 only part. Only real difference between the chevelle shifter and a 70-81 camaro ITM shifter is the angle of the part where the shifter "stabs" in. So you can make a camaro one work but finding the correct handle is pretty much fruitless.
Go with a hurst competition plus shifter. Way better than the factory ITM. You can get the part number off the hurst site. Or if you want the part numbers from the actual parts, so you can buy it in pieces on ebay, I have my complete one in a box.
As for the shifter mounting plate, your supposed to use your original one. It can be found on ebay on occasion since they were used on earlier year cbevelles.
The hurst shifter handle for the comp plus will work wkth and without a console.
I recommend going with a hurst. If you get a used one, hurst sells rebuild kits and they also have a rebuild service to send it in.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Shifter Boot and Shifter likes factory Empty Re: Shifter Boot and Shifter likes factory

Post by v8power Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:10 am

And the shifter boot can i use one from the Camaro? I cant find aftermarket 1973-1974 Chevelle.

v8power
v8power
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:16 am

U can find oem on ebay for about 40 bucks.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:32 am

Did you ever find your shifter parts? If you go Hurst I'd suggest using the Hurst shifter boot. Chances are the Hurst stick is rectangular cross section whereas the original ITM sick was round cross section so trying to make Hurst stick work with original style ITM boot might not work.
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:06 pm

I'm good with shifter stuff. I have the complete Hurst competition plus that came with my car. But I run the Hurst Super Shifter III since the 80's.

I'd like to locate or fab up the reverse lockout rods and pivot just to have them. I'd like to get a tracing of those three pieces.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down