G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love isn’t just for Subaru, a dying breed & trains

5 posters

Go down

Love isn’t just for Subaru, a dying breed & trains Empty Love isn’t just for Subaru, a dying breed & trains

Post by knightfan26917 Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:20 am

Subaru seems to have the “love” market cornered these days, but that wasn’t always the case, as evident in these 4 “love-related” vintage ads….
http://www.oldcarsstronghearts.com/2015/04/23/automotive-daily-95/
(The 4 old ads featured Tuesday had friends, help & service in mind; to see ‘em, visit the home page & choose “Automotive Daily” from the drop down menu on the right-hand side!)

Speaking of love, I’m not alone in enjoying evenings by fires … or am I part of a dying breed!?
http://www.oldcarsstronghearts.com/2015/04/23/daily-dose-theory-thu-14/

Finally, I’ve never taken a train cross country, but maybe someday. Anyone else love old train cars, like this one, as well?
http://www.oldcarsstronghearts.com/2015/04/22/wednesday-wrap-14/

Cort Smile www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"I miss the still of the silence" __ Matt Nathanson __ 'Come On Get Higher'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Love isn’t just for Subaru, a dying breed & trains Empty Re: Love isn’t just for Subaru, a dying breed & trains

Post by thatfnthing Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:29 am

knightfan26917 wrote:Finally, I’ve never taken a train cross country, but maybe someday.  Anyone else love old train cars, like this one, as well?

Yep. My wife and I actually had our wedding in a freight depot and had our reception on the train. We hit train museums and go on scenic train rides whenever possible in our travels.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Love isn’t just for Subaru, a dying breed & trains Empty Re: Love isn’t just for Subaru, a dying breed & trains

Post by knightfan26917 Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:22 am

Oh, that's awesome!

Have a few train museums in this area, most notable in Union IL. Haven't been there in a while, tho.

"A little vacation, ain't asking very much" __ Tim McGraw __ 'All I Want Is A Life'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:18 am

In 1986, my mother, brother, and I took a Amtrak train from Cleveland to grand Central station NYC. My aunt lived there, plus we were going to see the unveiling of the "restored" statue of liberty.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:24 am

Oh my goodness ... that restoration was in 1986? Geez ... didn't think it had been that long ago ... wow!

"I see clearly now" __ Nelly __ 'Over & Over'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:35 am

I took the Euro star from London to Paris in 2012. Incredible,like a plane on the ground. The town I live in was a big stop for the NY central so lots of train stuff here.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:12 pm

Most of my train riding was in Europe in the early 50s as a courier. lots of scenery there between the bombed out buildings ! Only train ride since then was in Canada for a so-called scenic ride. So many trees & brush along the track that there no scenic view at all, except to cross a long bridge ! Evil or Very Mad

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:25 pm

Another great train ride I took was in Italy when I was a kid. My dads family is in Sicily and my moms family near Naples but Sicily is an island(case you didnt know). The train once it get to the water breaks up into 3 sections and goes onto the ferry. Naturally I was amazed at this at 8 years old. Still pretty amazing today and of course still done the same way.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:52 pm

I just remembered, since you mentioned Italy, that me & an army buddy went from Germany to Naples by train !
We went to see a lifetime friend of mine, who was working for NATO when it was based in Naples. ( it's in Brussels Belgium now )And of course we had to take the ferry out to Capri ! They served free booze on the ferry, and by the time we got there, I could barely see the island Very Happy It was a fun trip, including the girls in Naples !

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:23 pm

pila wrote:I just remembered, since you mentioned Italy, that me & an army buddy went from Germany to Naples by train !
We went to see a lifetime friend of mine, who was working for NATO when it was based in Naples.  ( it's in Brussels Belgium now )And of course we had to take the ferry out to Capri !  They served free booze on the ferry, and by the time we got there, I could barely see the island Very Happy   It was a fun trip, including the girls in Naples !

You might have been trying to pick up one of my cousins! HaHa!

ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:50 am

Now, I really kinda want a cross country train ride ... LOL!

"Your chance has come and gone" __ JoJo __ 'Too Little Too Late'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down