G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Put-er ther new guy from Canada with a 76 cutlass supreme

+9
dynchel
knightfan26917
Dinomyte
ant7377
clanceman427
77mali
74 beast
Pdawgie
chevellelaguna
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Put-er ther new guy from Canada with a 76 cutlass supreme Empty Put-er ther new guy from Canada with a 76 cutlass supreme

Post by cutlassguy Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:47 pm

Great to be a part of the site,

We own a 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme,
350/TH350 have done some bolt on stuff rear gears, as well some cosmetic stuff .
I'm very fortunate to have a wife that loves the Olds and helps out with most of the part swaps to date.
Looking to give some advice to others if needed, as well as learn a few things from the senior members here.

Cheers
Eric & Christine
cutlassguy
cutlassguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Put-er ther new guy from Canada with a 76 cutlass supreme Empty Re: Put-er ther new guy from Canada with a 76 cutlass supreme

Post by Limey SE Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:42 pm

Welcome Aboard Eric and Christine Cant wait to see it
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Put-er ther new guy from Canada with a 76 cutlass supreme Empty Re: Put-er ther new guy from Canada with a 76 cutlass supreme

Post by cutlassguy Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:56 pm

Thanks Limey SE, we are trying to upload pics however it's not working out at the moment.
cutlassguy
cutlassguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cutlassguy Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:01 pm

Put-er ther new guy from Canada with a 76 cutlass supreme Fav_928

Thanks for the help on posting pictures. Can't wait to meet many other car guys and learn more about this awesome site .
Cheers
Christine & Eric

Last edited by cutlassguy on Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added message)
cutlassguy
cutlassguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:29 pm

Welcome, nice car
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:46 pm

That is a NIce Cutlass for sure love the wheels and Color !
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by cutlassguy Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:28 pm

Thanks Guys,

My husband and I have done lots of work to this car ( well mostly my husband lol). The paint was my choice, I told my husband he could do what he would like to the car but I wanted the paint choice. So I had my way with the blue. We hope to purchase a Montecarlo SS in the near future, I have wanted one for a few years now. Our Cutlass is just about finished so I hope to get my SS very soon .

Christine
cutlassguy
cutlassguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:35 pm

There is a really NIce Black SS by me but thats a hell of a drive for Y'all ( Northern Illinois USA )
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by chevellelaguna Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:53 pm

Welcome aboard EH! Sweet ride, love the Cragers!
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by cutlassguy Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:07 pm

Cheers! Thanks Guys,

HAHA, I had to put the cragars on it to off set the tug boat blue color but as they say '" happy wife happy life'" .
Limey SE.. I may just have to find a rust free U.S Monte, I'm not looking for anything mint, I/we would like to complete one more project before we hit 55. I hope you guys go easy on my wife, she's has turned into a car lady since the Cutlass purchase and resto. I will be leaving her with you guys as this will be her site to visit and learn all about the Montecarlo, Along with any cutlass guys as well.
Cheers'
Eric

cutlassguy
cutlassguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chevellelaguna Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:27 pm

Buy a 73-77 Monte and slap some SS badges on it do the paint scheme of the 84-87 SS body style. Call it a Canadian SS !
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:35 pm

Eric and Christine, just call me Anthony or Ant LOL
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:32 am

cutlassguy wrote:My husband and I have done lots of work to this car ( well mostly my husband lol). The paint was my choice, I told my husband he could do what he would like to the car but I wanted the paint choice. So I had my way with the blue.

Christine

Funny, my wife said the same thing about our house. Smile

Welcome to the site, love the car. You will find a lot of helpful info and people here!

Whereabouts in Canada are you?
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by cutlassguy Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:13 am

Thanks Anthony,

Thatfnthing... Haha is your house baby blue lol. I love the color on your monte btw. 
We live about 1 hr north of Toronto, We hope to make this our new go-to forum as it covers many 73-77 GM cars. The Oldsmobile sites although helpful, it's just Olds .
I couldn't bring in a Montecarlo and discuss things with it.
We hope to have both cars here under one forum without any issues.
Chevellelaguna.. My  husband has suggested looking into the 73-77's monte and malibu however I like the 84 monte ss very much.
Looking forward to getting to know many other 73-77 GM car enthusiast

Christine
cutlassguy
cutlassguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pdawgie Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:03 am

Welcome to the site and Nice Cutlass... good choice in body style for the Monte also. I bought an 88 Monte SS with T-tops just a short time back, so I would have something to drive when it becomes time to do the engine swap on my Laguna. Actually a pretty peppy car for having a 305. Only sad thing is the previous owner painted it flat black but painted over the stickers and emblems, but the price was right.
Pdawgie
Pdawgie
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by cutlassguy Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:55 pm

Thanks Pdawgie,

I thought it was a good choice as well, although my husband is still stuck in the mid 70's lol. Who would paint over the stickers, are they still be available or would you have to get a vinyl sign shop to make them now?
I suppose I better begin looking into what parts are still available prior to a purchase. I usually leave that up to my husband LOL , because I know so much about cars... Btw very nice engine posted in your profile picture.

Last edited by cutlassguy on Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo error)
cutlassguy
cutlassguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pdawgie Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:53 pm

Thank You... I took that picture at a car show I was at, thought it was a good shot. All years of Monte are good, I personally like that gen of them a tiny bit more. As to who would paint over everything??? obviously the gomer who had it before me... LOL Here's a URL so you can see some of what's available, these people are good and ship pretty quick.

http://www.dixierestorationdepot.com/
Pdawgie
Pdawgie
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:53 pm

Christine when you get the Monte SS you can still post here with it we have a Section for NON G3 Cars LOL SO you cant escape now We have you and your Husband .......Kinda Like Hotel California you can check out but you can never leave LMAO
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by cutlassguy Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:23 pm

Awe Anthony you and the others are truly awesome! Eric is trying to change my mind on the 80's cars, He has asked me to look at the 73-77 Chevelle malibu's. He says the are much easier to work on and alot less plastic to worry about warping.
Its funny I just mentioned to Eric last night that I feel really comfortable here LOL.
I had no Idea I was going into the Hotel California. I'll just be careful when using the restroom and wash my hands well when leaving LOL.
Thank-you so much for the warm welcome!

Christine
cutlassguy
cutlassguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74 beast Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:00 am

Nice car great story
74 beast
74 beast
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:59 am

Welcome!

Your Cutty reminds me of my 1st car. I had the darker shade of blue w/ white...always wish I had kept it, especially when I see a real nice one like yours.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:49 am

Welcome from Canada, nice looking Cutlass, great wedding photo.

Where in Canada are you ? We're in London.
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by cutlassguy Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:13 am

Thanks Guys,

Our Cutlass has been an awesome project and has brought my husband and I closer over the last few years. I must say having viewed so many beautiful malibu's on the site I'm really beginning to like them, especially the 76-77's. My husband and I looked on Kijjiji last night but not 1 for sale.
Dinomyte...We are about 2 hrs north east of London. ( Orangeville area)
We are heading out for an extra long weekend this afternoon, hope you all have a great weekend. Drive safe!

Christine & Eric
cutlassguy
cutlassguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:03 am

Great car! I always like the waterfall grilles on the Cutlasses in Gen3
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next