G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Engine oil pressure

+5
chevellelaguna
thatfnthing
77mali
Oldschool454
Tom77
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Engine oil pressure - Page 2 Empty Re: Engine oil pressure

Post by rogal_tx Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:17 pm

No lifters clattering, just put new oil.
Had gauges installed for a while but it always showed 12 to 14 psi even when driving. Now showes 50 psi +/-while driving thats why it made me curious. I also had issue with mechanical fuel pump because it was pumping fuel into the block. Fuel pump is replaced and thats why I replaced the oil recently as well.

I think I just going to watch oil pressure for a while to see what's doing.

Pulling the oil pan would help to replace the rear seal because it started to leak alittle bit, unless there is other way to replace it without pulling the oil pan completely and draining the oil.

Thx
rogal_tx
rogal_tx
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Engine oil pressure - Page 2 Empty Re: Engine oil pressure

Post by cutlassguy Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:35 am

rogal_tx , I have a 76 olds 350 that has been "refreshed" with added bolt on parts " not rebuilt ", my oil pressure at start up (cold engine) runs around 38-40, now up to temp at a stop light it will drop to nearly 0. Back on it at WOT it will go back to 38-40, off the gas it will drop, on the gas it rises. ( running 10w30 ) As others mentioned I don't think you have anything to worry about until you hear ticking.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Eric
cutlassguy
cutlassguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2