G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G3GM cars on Youtube - Driving like you would never do

+5
76malibu
ant7377
Hawk03
alowerlevel
thatfnthing
9 posters

Go down

G3GM cars on Youtube - Driving like you would never do Empty G3GM cars on Youtube - Driving like you would never do

Post by 76malibu Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:54 am

I can't resist searching for G3GM cars displayed on TV and now on Youtube.

Post your findings !!

Here are my favorites. Beware, some of you may have a drop in blood pressure while watching these cars recklessly driven Wink

1- The Rockford car chase

It looks like a Chevrolet Monte Carlo, correct me if I'm wrong.
It has to be a good car to tail Mr Rockford's Firebird! You get the infamous J-turn in bonus (never heard of it ?). Yes you see it 3 times, it's not a glitch of your video player, lol.

2- 1973 Buick Century GS455 - vintage road test

This one is my current favorite. He is driving this car like I will never do with mine. It's nice to hear expert opinion of the time.
Big engine and sport suspensions showcased by a confirmed driver. Damn, that would be nice to upgrade mine to this standard.

Last edited by 76malibu on Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
76malibu
76malibu
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

G3GM cars on Youtube - Driving like you would never do Empty Re: G3GM cars on Youtube - Driving like you would never do

Post by ant7377 Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:50 pm

Search walking tall part 2 (the original) you will see Buford Pusser in a light blue 75 Monte chasing a 75 vette.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

G3GM cars on Youtube - Driving like you would never do Empty Re: G3GM cars on Youtube - Driving like you would never do

Post by thatfnthing Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:12 pm

Actually, the Rockford Files are replete with G3's -- Montes, Chevelles, Malibus, and Buicks.  They're running the whole series on MeTV, so set your DVR.

I also vaguely remember a Richard Pryor movie way back when where he deals with some gang bangers driving a flamed yellow 73 Monte, and he uses a flame thrower on it.  You know -- a horror movie. Smile

Also, if you get a chance, check out the ending chase scene in The Driver (Ryan O'Neil) -- due to the magic of editing you will see the same blue G3 Malibu 5 times. Smile
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by alowerlevel Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:21 pm

Theres a 73 Chevelle in the movie "Drive" http://jesda.com/2012/03/11/what-ryan-gosling-drives/
alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:38 pm

Another is the Kojack tv series. Hes gut a 74 century in every episode
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:50 pm

Here is a couple:
HTC Commercial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVE1OcfB1E4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOVE1OcfB1E4&app=desktop

Million Dollar Man - Midas Touch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy-IROD908E
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by 76malibu Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:17 pm

Here are the Walking tall chases at 1:21:00 and 1:36:00

Nice find in the HTC commercial Hawk03. I need a pack of gremlins like this to help me restore my car! It's gonna take only 5 days to finish the whole project with the Bollywood soundtrack in background.

Last edited by 76malibu on Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
76malibu
76malibu
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:16 am

76malibu wrote:1- The Rockford car chase
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FImeaiVT81o
It looks like a Chevrolet Monte Carlo, correct me if I'm wrong.
It has to be a good car to tail Mr Rockford's Firebird! You get the infamous J-turn in bonus (never heard of it ?). Yes you see it 3 times, it's not a glitch of your video player, lol.

I think this may very well be my favorite chase of that entire series. Yep, that's a 1975 MC.

Cort Smile www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (awaiting new owner)
"Live right now" __ Jimmy Eat World __ 'The Middle'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:22 am

There was a movie with Stacey Keach and Roger Moore where they trash a new loaded 75 Monte in San Francisco. I cant remember the name of the movie.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 76malibu Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:18 pm

And of course the "1973 Chevrolet Chevelle: Bank Robber's Special" shown in /BIG MUSCLE. A must see if you haven't yet!

Another current day show is "My Classic Car Season 16 Episode 20 - GM Luxury Sport Cars". It can be easily missed because nothing in the title nor the description mentions there is a 1976 Pontiac Grand Prix SJ in this episode.

It reminds me I saw a 1977 Pontiac Grand Prix LJ Hurst in mint condition for sale 8,400$ CAD this summer. T-top, 51,000 miles, only one owner, not a dot of rust. For this price I think it's a steal but I was not interested, too much of a flashy luxury car for me. G3 A body cars seem to be some of the most affordable collection cars of the market.
G3GM cars on Youtube - Driving like you would never do Img_2020
G3GM cars on Youtube - Driving like you would never do Img_2021
G3GM cars on Youtube - Driving like you would never do Img_2022
G3GM cars on Youtube - Driving like you would never do Img_2023
76malibu
76malibu
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:48 pm

76malibu wrote:
It reminds me I saw a 1977 Pontiac Grand Prix LJ Hurst in mint condition for sale 8,400$ CAD this summer. T-top, 51,000 miles, only one owner, not a dot of rust. For this price I think it's a steal but I was not interested, too much of a flashy luxury car for me. G3 A body cars seem to be some of the most affordable collection cars of the market.

Sure looks to be a nice '77 GP ... really like that 2-tone color combo!

Cort Smile www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (awaiting new owner)
"Time slips away" __ Bruce Springsteen __ 'Glory Days'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:04 am

Some nice rides there.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by SSTOOLMAN Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:25 am

You get the infamous J-turn in bonus (never heard of it ?). Yes you see it 3 times, it's not a glitch of your video player, lol.

I haven't herd of J- turn LOL. I coined the term Rockford Slide when I was in high school all of my friends started saying it. It stuck in my neck of the woods. 35 years later my sons friends even call it that and have never even scene the show. Twisted Evil
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:23 pm

Hey SStoolman saw a pick of your car on another site from the recent Beloit show. I'm on 2doorpost.com from my Buick Special days and they know I now have a 73 SS.

Your car looked great!

Rockford slide, love it!
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by SSTOOLMAN Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:07 pm

clanceman427 wrote:Hey SStoolman saw a pick of your car on another site from the recent Beloit show.  I'm on 2doorpost.com from my Buick Special days and they know I now have a 73 SS.

Your car looked great!

Rockford slide, love it!
Thanks for the compliment, where on 2doorpost.com did you see it?
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down