G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for you guys!

+6
orange Juiced
wokrdan AKA BU Balls
JB2wheeler
IndyG3
TJ77
74Malibu383
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Question for you guys! Empty Question for you guys!

Post by TJ77 Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:37 pm

My 77 Malibu is nearing completion. For the most part, at least. So it's almost time to upgrade the insurance from the basic liability to full coverage. I'm sure it's based on how much I have into it, but I can't really say how much the labor is worth, considering the work was done for close to nothing. If anyone has any idea please let me know. To me it's freakin priceless.
TJ77
TJ77
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Question for you guys! Empty Re: Question for you guys!

Post by 74Malibu383 Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:18 pm

I can tell you with 100% certainty this is how State Farm does it.

Unless you have the car appraised, which I would highly recommend, your car isn't worth much. If the worst were to happen and it was totaled, the insurance company would only give you the Gold Book value for your car. Of course if you had photos and all of your receipts (your labor doesn't count) you could try to get more out of them, but it wouldn't be a guarantee.

Gold book value for your car:
1977 CHEVY/CHEVELLE MALIBU CLASSIC Dsp/HP Eng Fair Good Exc Show Loan
4D SEDAN 1974-77 350/145 V8 $1,100 $2,200 $3,300 $5,000 $1,500
4D ESTATE WAGON 1974-77 350/145 V8 $1,200 $2,400 $3,500 $6,000 $1,600
2D COUPE 1974-77 350/145 V8 $1,400 $2,600 $3,600 $6,000 $1,700
Add: LS5 454/235hp 15% Ded: 6C 250/100 $400, Std Malibu $300

I'll go ahead and assume you have more than $6,000.00 into the car, so I would get it appraised.

In AZ with State Farm, you can also get Classic Car Insurance which will allow you to register it as a Classic car and not have to go through emissions. You'll have to check for your state.

Lastly - Where are the damn pictures man? Smile
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ77 Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:41 pm

I've got some taken but I can't post on here. Maybe I just don't know how. But thanks for the info.
TJ77
TJ77
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:17 am

Your best bet might be to try Hagerty or any other kind of collector car insurance companies. Some of them are fairly cheap for full coverage, and most of them will give very fair appraisals. However, be sure to check and see if they place a mileage limit on your vehicle (soime will give you a limit on how many miles you can drive a year. If you go over, they start packing on extra charges, or something like that).
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:21 am

I have Hageerty and like the price. but they have all kinds of restrictions, but so do all the other Specialty Car insurers. Actually I did not even check to see what the restrictions were, I just took it out. I believe you are suppose to keep it locked in a garage when not in use, which I do, and several other things. I believe it is not to be used for a daily driver, you are suppose to have another car for that. Check 'em out. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:53 am

TJ77 wrote:I've got some taken but I can't post on here. Maybe I just don't know how. But thanks for the info.

To post a pic, first you can make a new thread or post a reply. Look at the boxes above the reply & look for the pic with a disc. If you scroll over it, it will say host an image. Then you can upload an image from your computer to Servimg.com. This is the same as any other image hosting site. Once you've uploaded, you should have options to copy & paste onto your reply.

If the image is already on the internet, it's even easier. Just copy the image location & paste it. Then add Question for you guys!     before & after the image. That's it!

As far as insurance, I would say having it appraised after you finish it would be your best bet if it's a driver. I'm not sure though, just sounds safer to have documentation proving what it's worth.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Tame76 Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:20 pm

Hey TJ...I have Haggerty. I have full coverage and pay about 260/year. This is the only vehicle I have insured with them. When I first went to them, they required pics of all kinds of course, asked me how much i drive it, engine size, and asked me what I felt the value was. I told them 10K and they didnt question it and that was 2-3 years ago. I asked them if it were in an accident, and totaled, would I get what I put the value down for...they said absolutely. They also mentioned if I were to have given them some crazy out of line number for what I thought the car was worth, they said an appraisal would have been required.

Hope this helps!
aka...The Malibu Don! LOL
A_Tame76
A_Tame76
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:32 pm

Guys this is good stuff to know if I ever do have a car nice enough to worry about.

A_Tame, how bout sharing more pics than just the front end of that car? Always wondered what a black G3 looks like.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Tame76 Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:34 pm

I used to have a bunch posted on my profile, but I think theyre gone cause of space restrictions. Whats the best way to post them, by using photobucket?
A_Tame76
A_Tame76
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:44 pm

A_Tame you can start a pic progress post to show it off under project progress............

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Tame76 Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:51 pm

Where is that Limey? Is that where you have your progress pics for your car? Im not able to view any of your photos on there, but I can for John and Dan....they come up fine.
A_Tame76
A_Tame76
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:24 am

Rago wrote:A_Tame, how bout sharing more pics than just the front end of that car? Always wondered what a black G3 looks like.

Question for you guys! Malibu15_800x600

Question for you guys! Malibu18_800x600

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:26 am

WOW.............. I'm almost speechless! There's a reason no one goes black & that's because it shows all the flaws, but I think I can see myself staring back into the computer! Thanks Limey.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by wokrdan AKA BU Balls Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:35 am

Wait, I thought the saying was "once you go black, you never go back," not because it shows all the flaws. Hmmm....
wokrdan AKA BU Balls
wokrdan AKA BU Balls
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Tame76 Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:54 am

Its sad to say, that Ive had the car out this year for a total of 10 MINUTES. I think Im going to take it out of the garage today and post some new pics. Id like to also post a small AVI file so you can hear what the big block sounds like through new s.s. exhaust, no cats, and borlas.
A_Tame76
A_Tame76
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:48 pm

I myself can testify how bad A$$ this car sounds i wished mine will only sound half as good yours Jeff truly a very unique car my friend

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Tame76 Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:49 pm

yours will be there soon. Your patience and time will pay off in the end when its all done!
A_Tame76
A_Tame76
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:57 pm

carbs and matched tunnel ram arrived yesterday so now i can finally get cutting that hood in the right spot. To let the carbs come thru. And i cant wait, just have to rebuild the 450 holleys and clean the tunnel ram up a bit and the hats for the carbs have to get the filter elements.

A REAL BIG THANKS TO SHANE, even have all the linkage for it so its a plug and play once rebuilt and installed, man i am getting anxious

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Tame76 Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:58 pm

any updated pics of your car??
A_Tame76
A_Tame76
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:02 pm

gonna take some today maybe tomorrow when i install the the carbs and such need to decide if i want the hats or the street scoop on there

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by orange Juiced Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:32 pm

That body is straight!!!!! Digging the grill too!
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Tame76 Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:33 pm

which grill do you think looks better? The blacked out one, or the silver one? I have the black one on there now cause I think it goes better with the whole paint scheme.
A_Tame76
A_Tame76
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:35 pm

I VOTE BLACKED OUT cheers
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:54 pm

Blacked out grille wins hands down. It looks way more menacing against the black paint job.

Limey, I vote for velocity stacks if that's what you mean by hats. Tunnel ram just looks right with those.

Sorry to be so opinionated tonight, just sitting back with a big glass of Tanqueray after a long day of mowing Cool . I'm in a good mood.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Tame76 Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:20 am

when I originally got that grill, I was gonna sell it. I wanted to take a photo of it against my car to show a picture of what it looks like with and without it. As soon as I set it on my front bumper in front of my other grill...first thing my wife said was...are you SURE you want to sell that???? It looks much better. I had to agree with her...for once! So the rest is history!
A_Tame76
A_Tame76
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next