G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for tall guys

4 posters

Go down

Question for tall guys Empty Question for tall guys

Post by bitterfitter Fri May 26, 2017 3:27 pm

I am approaching the end of the build on my car. It is a 1974 Malibu Classic with swivels and a factory skyroof option among other options. Seems I have a problem; I am too tall. I recovered the swivels and the rear seat with new upholstery. I then placed the seats in the car and bolted them down. I then went to sit in the car for the first time with everything in place and found that my head nearly sticks out the roof!! I am about 6'-3". I have owned plenty of 73-77 A bodies in the past but non with the skyroof option. It appears that this option consumes about 3" or so of the headroom I desperately need. So unless I slouch down ALOT, I am not getting in this car anytime soon.

An thoughts? I looked at modifying the bottom feet on the swivels but it doesn't look like an option because to get what I would need, the rest of the levers and pieces under the seat would be buried into the floor and not work as they need to. Any reasonable suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

bitterfitter
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Question for tall guys Empty Re: Question for tall guys

Post by Joe73 Fri May 26, 2017 3:53 pm

Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by bitterfitter Fri May 26, 2017 4:43 pm

After reading that post, it looks like I either change the seats to different buckets or a bench. Not sure what I'd do about the floor shifter and console with a bench seat? Anyone know if the non swivel buckets from an a- body would use the same mounts and offer more headroom?

bitterfitter
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Fri May 26, 2017 7:26 pm

I wish you good luck on your dilemma bitterfinder. After reading the previous post, are there many of us under 6' that own these cars? lol

I'm 6'6" and 265.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Tquillen Fri May 26, 2017 9:07 pm

I'm 6'6", and my Grand Prix has the non swivel six way power buckets. I fit with room to spare.

Tquillen
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down