G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comp Cams 2 piece timng cover

5 posters

Go down

Comp Cams 2 piece timng cover Empty Comp Cams 2 piece timng cover

Post by Joe73 Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:08 am

Anyone run a 2 piece aluminum timing cover ? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cca-210

I've been looking at them for some time. I have a brand new polished 1 piece cover in my box of goodies but I like the idea of not disturbing the oil pan gasket when removing the timing cover.

I like the cloyes one as well but it doesnt allow you to remove your cam, only adjust it.

I've read good things about the comp cams one.

Anyone have one for sale ??
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Comp Cams 2 piece timng cover Empty Re: Comp Cams 2 piece timng cover

Post by bracketchev1221 Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:23 am

Its a good idea, but I think if it was me, I would buy the right cam the first time and use a stock cover. Use the money from buying the 2 piece cover and have a custom cam ground for the application.
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:33 am

I'm using a similar 2-piece I scored used on ebay for $75.00.  No name, but it's a solid aluminum piece (doesn't flex like the stamped steel 1-piece units), and I bought it for exactly the reason you stated -- not having to drop the f!@#ing oil pan if I need to swap cams, gears or timing chain.  Whole face comes off like the Comp Cams one, unlike some others where they only give you access to the cam itself.  The biggest issue I had was fashioning a timing tab for it -- since I got it used, it didn't have one.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:57 am

Joe73 wrote:Anyone run a 2 piece aluminum timing cover ?    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cca-210

I've been looking at them for some time.  I have a brand new polished 1 piece cover in my box of goodies but I like the idea of not disturbing the oil pan gasket when removing the timing cover.

I like the cloyes one as well but it doesnt allow you to remove your cam, only adjust it.  

I've read good things about the comp cams one.  

Anyone have one for sale ??
 Joe here ya go Man was just browsing them last night also

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Comp-Cams-Billet-Aluminum-2-Piece-Timing-Cover-for-SB-Chevy-NHRA-IHRA-IMCA-SCCA-/151820416766?hash=item235933b6fe:g:AUIAAOSw37tV-ucD&vxp=mtr

Comp Cams 2 piece timng cover S-l1600

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:53 am

Thanks limey. I have my eye on a brand new one fkr 150. Just have to see.if the guy will ship.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BBMALIBU Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:18 pm

bracketchev1221 wrote:Its a good idea, but I think if it was me, I would buy the right cam the first time and use a stock cover.  Use the money from buying the 2 piece cover and have a custom cam ground for the application.  

X2
BBMALIBU
BBMALIBU
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:02 pm

I agree a custom cam would be the way to go to pull any combination together. I still may go that way and not use the cam I have waiting.

I just bought the cover. Should have it in a few days.

thanks guys.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down