G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL

+34
Mcarlo77
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Iggy
Joe73
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
LSANTI76
zucchi
MaliCrusier / Mitch
Mitchell Murphy
77mali
1975 S3
bracketchev1221
Zaptiah
fasrnur
pila
73ss
thatfnthing
dhw3971
buggy5872
Roadcaptain S3
marx3
zot
crice63
clanceman427
dynchel
Damon23
DaveFury
Tom77
SSTOOLMAN
knightfan26917
Hs1973
jerry46765
tropdeprojet
74 beast
38 posters

Page 18 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 Empty Re: This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:10 pm

An old driveshaft yoke would work best. But if you don't have access to one try going to the hardware store and find a piece of conduit or pvc pipe the correct diameter and cut it to length and rig an end cap for it.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 Empty Re: This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL

Post by Limey SE Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:22 pm

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac wrote:An old driveshaft yoke would work best. But if you don't have access to one try going to the hardware store and find a piece of conduit or pvc pipe the correct diameter and cut it to length and rig an end cap for it.

Yea I had one, BUT dammed if I can find it ........I do have some PVC from my old screen print light I adapted to my Shed Light/Heat lamp LOL maybe I try that first before Buying another one

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:35 pm

NOT ONE rounded nut or snapped manifold bolt and The exhaust can even be saved now for my Daughters SE with a few other items for hers Off My 305 just trinkets NO INTERNAL parts .... It did Feel good to get all off though with no damage EVEN THE MOTOR MOUNT BOLTS once loose just slid right out by hand HMMM Like the Car is saying Please take them and Give me my new heart already I been waiting long enough

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 454_mo12
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 454_mo11
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 454_mo10

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by zucchi Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:12 am

Limey SE wrote:Ok my trans Plug ( after you pull driveshaft ) to put in there after removing driveshaft and trans fluid doesnt pour out tailshaft of transmission any suggestions for a Homemade type plug ? Parts stores near me dont have one .....

My suggestion isn't the most elegant but it's quick, easy, gets the job done, and I've used it with great success; use an extra large ziplock freezer bag and zip-ties. You can use any kind of plastic bag you want. I use the large freezer bags because they're more robust than the regular ziplock bags, and because they're clear; you can see how much fluid spilled into it.
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:21 am

zucchi wrote:
Limey SE wrote:Ok my trans Plug ( after you pull driveshaft ) to put in there after removing driveshaft and trans fluid doesnt pour out tailshaft of transmission any suggestions for a Homemade type plug ? Parts stores near me dont have one .....

My suggestion isn't the most elegant but it's quick, easy, gets the job done, and I've used it with great success; use an extra large ziplock freezer bag and zip-ties. You can use any kind of plastic bag you want. I use the large freezer bags because they're more robust than the regular ziplock bags, and because they're clear; you can see how much fluid spilled into it.

Probably what I will do is I have a PVC pipe from my Old screen print light which now is Shed Light / heat lamp and it has a Cap on it so hopefully its right size

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:19 pm

WELL LOOK WHAT SHOWED UP those who know, They Know

It's on Like Donkey Kong now

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 25276310

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by bracketchev1221 Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:32 pm

zucchi wrote:

This is what I use. Doesn't damage the seal either.
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:32 pm

Sweet dreams 305 you are now being put to sleep been a good motor but 454 wants in there MY oldest Daughter even helped out thank Ya Daughter

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 25399310

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 20211111
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 20211110
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 20211113
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 20211112

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:51 pm

Heck yeah! Making progress!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:49 pm

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac wrote:Heck yeah! Making progress!

OH Progress you want EHH ??

305 resting quietly in Shed 454 is ready to pound the dam door down, Got some color added in there as planned (AC BOX is coming out in spring time so I cared not one about overspray on wires) and yes in spring time Brake Booster will be normal color I put Rust converter then primer (primer is porous)  so wanted paint on it  primed and painted Last picture is before

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 25228910
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 25347410
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 25356710
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 25200910

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:40 pm

Just a little Teaser almost all in Have to lift over drive side Mount and feed header back in and Bolt her down FINALLY MORE TO COME

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 454_in10

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:53 am

Cool! These engine bays were born to swallow up big blocks!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:25 pm

It's officially bolted in there FINALLY AFTER A VERY LONG TIME
454 will be fired this spring winter will be here in 2 days I ran out of time but LIKE I TOLD Y'ALL I WANTED IT IN THE RAILS AND IT IS  
That BAD 4 letter word for white stuff is scheduled to arrive Friday ARRRRRRRGGGGG  BUT got it in there at least

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 Instal10

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 Instal12This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 Instal13
1.jpg[/img][/url]
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 Instal11

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:38 pm

Get it broken-in and do doughnuts in that snow!
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:00 pm

Still Have wiring to reconnect, transmission and lines, Driveshaft, AND A LIGHTER FOOT

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:41 pm

That big block looks right at home! Congrats!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:29 am

I know I cave in a bought an LS (or 2), but a Big Block always looks impressive! Even a Baby Big Block (396/402)! Now you need a good set of Headers!
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:51 pm

Iggy wrote:  Now you need a good set of Headers!

Have a good set already Summit Branded but good size tubes and 1/2" thick flanges they are very well Built IMHO

I also have Locking Header Bolts to help prevent backing out

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 Receiv19
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 Receiv18

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by bracketchev1221 Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:52 pm

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 1f606
That’s a 1/4”.
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:45 pm

bracketchev1221 wrote: This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 1f606
That’s a 1/4”.

Yea typed it with Fat happy fingers LOL I was estatic from getting it in there LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:37 pm

I have a ruler that measures like that.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bracketchev1221 Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:14 am

REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP wrote:I have a ruler that measures like that.

We had a guy at the truck builder shop I worked at that pretended to be an engineer. I was in college at the time and this guy would measure all the stuff that was needed for truck projects like the shelving and stuff. Well he got the nickname Danny and his rubber ruler. Everytime he measured something it NEVER fit. You should have seen how pissed he got when one of the welders took a piece of weatherstripping and put marks on it as a ruler for Danny. He went and measured something and said "oh this is a foot", and then stretched it out and measured something else and said, "look this is a foot too"!!!!!! Engineer Danny did NOT find that funny.
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:00 am

bracketchev1221 wrote:

We had a guy at the truck builder shop I worked at that pretended to be an engineer.  I was in college at the time and this guy would measure all the stuff that was needed for truck projects like the shelving and stuff.  Well he got the nickname Danny and his rubber ruler.  Everytime he measured something it NEVER fit.  You should have seen how pissed he got when one of the welders took a piece of weatherstripping and put marks on it as a ruler for Danny.  He went and measured something and said "oh this is a foot", and then stretched it out and measured something else and said, "look this is a foot too"!!!!!!  Engineer Danny did NOT find that funny.  

Just to be clear, there are three types of engineers - Those that are good with numbers, and those that are not!
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bucket Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:06 pm

Iggy wrote:
bracketchev1221 wrote:

We had a guy at the truck builder shop I worked at that pretended to be an engineer.  I was in college at the time and this guy would measure all the stuff that was needed for truck projects like the shelving and stuff.  Well he got the nickname Danny and his rubber ruler.  Everytime he measured something it NEVER fit.  You should have seen how pissed he got when one of the welders took a piece of weatherstripping and put marks on it as a ruler for Danny.  He went and measured something and said "oh this is a foot", and then stretched it out and measured something else and said, "look this is a foot too"!!!!!!  Engineer Danny did NOT find that funny.  

Just to be clear, there are three types of engineers - Those that are good with numbers, and those that are not!

Hehe, I see what you did there!

bucket
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:56 pm

Well the SE's winter home is ready Just have to pound the screw stakes in to make the Black tarp more taunt

This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 26208210
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 26144710
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 26296710
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 26218310
This SE Now Belongs to my 18 year old daughter now LOL  - Page 18 26299910

Last edited by Limey SE on Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next