G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OK Guys/ Gals you help choose

+10
2bits
The Dude
74MonteCarlo
BlackChevelleSS
1973 454 MONTE
74chick
Checyxtc
pila
JB2wheeler
oldstofty
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Please choose your top 3 then we go from here

OK Guys/ Gals you help choose - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%OK Guys/ Gals you help choose - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
OK Guys/ Gals you help choose - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%OK Guys/ Gals you help choose - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
OK Guys/ Gals you help choose - Page 2 I_vote_lcap16%OK Guys/ Gals you help choose - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 5 ]
OK Guys/ Gals you help choose - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%OK Guys/ Gals you help choose - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
OK Guys/ Gals you help choose - Page 2 I_vote_lcap39%OK Guys/ Gals you help choose - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 39% 
[ 12 ]
OK Guys/ Gals you help choose - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%OK Guys/ Gals you help choose - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
OK Guys/ Gals you help choose - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%OK Guys/ Gals you help choose - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 31

Poll closed

OK Guys/ Gals you help choose - Page 2 Empty Re: OK Guys/ Gals you help choose

Post by Limey SE Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:24 pm

NO I appreciate the suggestions Buddy thats what we are all here for !!!!

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:11 pm

Limey wrote:
For the newer members this is what the old one looks like.

OK Guys/ Gals you help choose - Page 2 360856058v22_350x350_Front

so why cant your "guy" (coughcough) just use this and it could be a little easier to come to a conclusion scratch

maybe on a gray s h i r t Jacking
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:33 pm

1973 454 MONTE wrote:
Limey wrote:
For the newer members this is what the old one looks like.

OK Guys/ Gals you help choose - Page 2 360856058v22_350x350_Front

so why cant your "guy" (coughcough) just use this and it could be a little easier to come to a conclusion scratch

maybe on a gray s h i r t Jacking

This one is Available thru Cafe Press at Double what these shirts are gonna cost if thats the route they wanna go............ and are more than welcome to still order from them if they choose that route.

And the shirt Color is only available in Black, Navy, Military Green, Brown, Royal, Kelley Green ONLY

http://www.cafepress.com/g3gm.360855664 <<---- to order a shirt from Cafe Press

Last edited by Limey on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:40 pm

so what your trying to say,is................................. your guy CANT copy cafe's shirt........... Blow Up
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:43 pm

Yes he can copy it, but why pay for the set up of another design when it is already available from another vendor kinda a mute point, and This site see's no monie's from any of this it goes all to the vendor.

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:48 pm

well if he can make it for 12.00 instead of 30. i would buy two... Very Happy
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 2bits Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:02 am

Hey guys, This is Tommy from the A body showcase. When I created my forum, my idea was to try to encompass every model that I loved, so there were two criteria, A-Body and 73-77. Having the forum G3 by nature of the name (although not intentionally) separates those that are not G3. I knew of this forum for a long time and even joined, but never posted much because I relate to Generation 2 since I'm a Monte Carlo man, and G3 is not across the board correct for the direction of the board and just didn't feel right since I am a Gen 2 guy with a Monte Carlo, but my love is all 73-77 Gm's.

All that nit picking BS aside, the forum exists and the name is what it is and as I can see it is quite popular, and welcomes non-G3 models although non-technically within the same generation (Makes me think I might have made the jump from yahoo crap a while ago)

So... how to approach the logo?

I made a living as a graphic designer for a short while and the logos I came up with for the A body showcase are below including the one with the racing stripes instead of photos/art of actual cars that "1973 454 MONTE" mentioned.

I did do photos one year and they were a transfer not screen printing because yes color separation (vector art) is costly and never looks like a photo. Cafe press has a great deal when it comes to setup charges although customer charges are higher but their quality is great.

I hope some of this experience is useful, but I think a much better logo could be created. Not sure if I will have time to play in Illustrator, but I will try... Here is the stuff I did for the Showcase:

Heat transfer:
OK Guys/ Gals you help choose - Page 2 Shirt3

No photo/racing stripe logo, I did this one since I was paying for it myself and a one color screen print is much much cheaper:
OK Guys/ Gals you help choose - Page 2 Shirtpic2

Another design, just posting this to show a plain B/W logo works great with a little design style.
OK Guys/ Gals you help choose - Page 2 Shirtpic1

If there is interest, I can work on a logo
2bits
2bits
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:06 am

well since you want to get technical about it, the montes shouldnt be listed under A-bodys, so why would your site be any different? Look at the chevelles.com, the name is TEAM CHEVELLE no where does it say ELCAMINO or GMC SPRINT, but thousands and elcamino and sprint guys are on it...... Im sorry but this arguement just pushes my buttons. HELL I created this site and I dont even have a 73-77 GM MADE AUTOMOBILE

OK Guys/ Gals you help choose - Page 2 SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:04 am

The Dude wrote: Anyone know of some members willing to post up their Can Am, Century, Monte, Elky, Sprint, etc. & allow it to be put on a design & sold for no part of the profit?

I'll glady put up my Monte Very Happy

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:34 pm

As I would My Chevelle. Still not gonna cut the mustard without getting some BOPs & a Truck.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by 2bits Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:09 pm

BlackChevelleSS wrote:well since you want to get technical about it, the montes shouldnt be listed under A-bodys, so why would your site be any different? Look at the chevelles.com, the name is TEAM CHEVELLE no where does it say ELCAMINO or GMC SPRINT, but thousands and elcamino and sprint guys are on it...... Im sorry but this arguement just pushes my buttons. HELL I created this site and I dont even have a 73-77 GM MADE AUTOMOBILE

Geez Don't get all bent out of shape, no offense intended. I know it is the A-Special Body. I figured that was close enough for my world. Don't take it so personal buddy
2bits
2bits
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:10 pm

There is none taken but all I wanted is a more affordable better looking bumper sticker and t-shirt for the lowest price possible, Didn't have to be all fancy or none of the sort, just had to be plain jane and affordable to make and print, I came up with this.

Now if some one wants to chip in costs involved for the process of making a better looking shirt for the screen printing process that would be fine with me also.

The one I worked at for 12 years can do it for us (The Site) but for each color needed it is a set up fee $20.oo for the first color and $5.oo for each color added after that ( It is emulsified onto a screen ) then from there it would be just a cost of him doing the work and cost of shirt and also has a 15 shirt Minimum order, and shipping would be added to the cost as well.

So when all said and done, I know there are better designs out there available, but I had this done for the least cost ( out of my pocket ) So our members might be able to afford a better looking design for both the the shirts and stickers, if that is not the general feeling on the site I will just scrap the idea and carry on as business as usual.

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedediah Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:58 am

Well the only issue I see is the lime green car there. LOL Just kiding. I just wanted to thank Blackchevelle for creating the site and Limey for going to the trouble of trying to get some more shirts availible for members to purchase.
Jedediah
Jedediah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Famstyle Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:04 pm

Are previous designs still availible ? http://www.thirdgen.
Famstyle
Famstyle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:59 pm

the previous designs are ONLY available through CafePress, I am not paying for set up on two diff designs sorry guys / gals

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:10 pm

Jedediah wrote:Well the only issue I see is the lime green car there. LOL Just kiding. I just wanted to thank Blackchevelle for creating the site and Limey for going to the trouble of trying to get some more shirts availible for members to purchase.
x10000000000000
great bunch of guys met limey personaly one hell of a guy and as far as site admin.founders/owners black is one of the best ive come across
this site is one of the few that i refer people to when i come across some one with a g3 heck if i had the cash id make up some buisness card with site logo and hand them out when i see a g3
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:21 pm

and as far as people bickering over the tecincality of is a g3 or 2 or 4 ect who cares well all know we either got have had or just love gms foregotten red headed step child car and thats all that counts
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:16 pm

Looks like we have a winner runaway style I will do a few tweaks to it and have a shirt Made and I think you will end up liking the final design

OK Guys/ Gals you help choose - Page 2 F5657b18

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down