G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trying to remove my 73 SS door panel

3 posters

Go down

trying to remove my 73 SS door panel Empty trying to remove my 73 SS door panel

Post by clanceman427 Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:10 pm

I've got the 2 long screws removed from behind the arm rest pad, 2 short screws removed from the upper vinyl covered portion, one way at the front and the one way at the rear, and I also have all the plastic clips popped.

When I pull the inside door opening lever, and try to dislodge the door panel, it feels like it's still connected somewhat near the arm rest pad area. Is there a clip or a certain way to try to lift the door panel off?

Does the upper vinyl covered half, and lower plastic half, come off together in one piece? Just trying not to damage anything due to ignorance. I'm removing the door panel so that I can get to the side view mirror and tighten it up, it has an annoying rattle between the mirror body and mirror base. Plus I think the window regulator is partially loose. Thanks for any tips.
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

trying to remove my 73 SS door panel Empty Re: trying to remove my 73 SS door panel

Post by Limey SE Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:30 pm

There are two or maybe three Phillips head screws behind the Lip on the Upper Panel Securing the Lower panel to the door You have to take the two side phillips head screws off upper panel (one on each end)  and gently lift up on panel then you will see the Phillips head ones for the lower and of course the Window crank I am sure you know how to take that part off though

If need a pic I can take one tomorrow

Last edited by Limey SE on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

trying to remove my 73 SS door panel Empty Re: trying to remove my 73 SS door panel

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:36 pm

You need to separate the upper panel from the lower by working it up over the door lock. You'll need to disconnect the remote lever for your sideview mirror if you have one. You'll see 3 or 4 large flat headed screws holding the lower panel in place which is just above where the long screws mount for your armrests. Hope this helps.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:48 pm

There is enough room to leave the Mirror lever attached, I just did this yesterday looking for build sheet in mine, also there is two points of Attachment on the window channel for the Upper panel once them are "popped" off you just just lift off the upper panel

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:51 pm

Guys thank you very much, big help!
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:54 pm

if ya need a Pic let me know before I re assemble tomorrow

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down