G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Throttle and brake pedals question

3 posters

Go down

Throttle and brake pedals question Empty Throttle and brake pedals question

Post by builtnotbought Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:30 pm

First throttle question.
This pedal has a small spring on the back side to let the pedal come back a little after pushing it. Can anyone tell what's wrong with the position of my spring because it doesn't do it's function and it can be fixed on the metal part of the pedal anyway.
Throttle and brake pedals question Img_8110
Throttle and brake pedals question Img_8212
Throttle and brake pedals question Img_8213
Throttle and brake pedals question Img_8214

As for the brake pedal. I bought new brake booster from Performance online. It has a pin with a nut on the pedal side + bracket in kit. Stock booster had an ear on the pin that connects to a pin that's pressed in the pedal. New booster doesn't fit pedal anyway without cutting and drilling - new pin is longer and don't fit behind the pedal and new bracket can be mounted only ON the pedal not as the old one at pedal's side. Second hole on the pedal I thinks it's to high positioned to use it.
Throttle and brake pedals question 8cdd656365c8t
Throttle and brake pedals question Img_8210
Throttle and brake pedals question Img_8211
Throttle and brake pedals question Img_8221
Throttle and brake pedals question Img_8220
Throttle and brake pedals question Img_8215
Throttle and brake pedals question Img_8222
Throttle and brake pedals question Img_8216
Throttle and brake pedals question Img_8216
Throttle and brake pedals question Img_8217

So, after shortening new pin, drilling away old pin from pedal I got everything together and it works! The question I want to ask is - Is it ok that pedal center axis is not aligned with booster center axis?
As a result pin goes IN booster with an angle. It doesn't hit anything, everything moves ok but it has an angle. Is it a mistake and dangerous or it won't spoil the booster?
Throttle and brake pedals question Img_8219

Thank you
builtnotbought
builtnotbought
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Throttle and brake pedals question Empty Re: Throttle and brake pedals question

Post by 73ss Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:09 pm

You are in luck, I haven't installed this back in the car yet. It is from a 68 Vette, different but you should get the idea. Did you take that apart? On the vette the spring & lever both go "inside" the pedal, Your lever is outside. I don't know, guessing. looks like your spring may be backwards. red arrows are spring ends. I don't see how a little spring can be such a PIA, I took me an hour or so to figure this one out. BTW love the work in you'r other thread. very nice

Throttle and brake pedals question DSCF2061_zpsskidj8nz
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:49 pm

The angle of the push rod in your booster doesn't appear to be at an acute angle, and likely will be OK. Don't know why they set you the wrong booster assembly (?)

Bill

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by builtnotbought Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:23 am

[quote="73ss"]You are in luck, I haven't installed this back in the car yet. It is from a 68 Vette, different but you should get the idea. Did you take that apart? On the vette the spring & lever both go "inside" the pedal, Your lever is outside. I don't know, guessing. looks like your spring may be backwards. red arrows are spring ends. I don't see how a little spring can be such a PIA, I took me an hour or so to figure this one out. BTW love the work in you'r other thread. very nice

Thank you! I added more photos to my build thread.
Cool thank you for photo! The spring was installed this way when i bought the car. It didn't work. Ok, may be i just need to rotate the spring, i will check. Had such an idea but didn't try to check.
Does these vett pedal have a metal patch on the push side?

pila wrote:The angle of the push rod in your booster doesn't appear to be at an acute angle, and likely will be OK.  Don't know why they set you the wrong booster assembly (?)

Bill

Because it's the worst online shop i ever deal with. I think they sell universal boosters to all cars. But if not i doubt that anybody now sell reproduction boosters with old style push rod with ear on it's end.
I had an idea that push rods can be interchangable, but i lost somewhere my old rod when it fell out of the booster.
There is smth like a hinge inside the booster where push rod is mounted, am I right?

Thank you!
builtnotbought
builtnotbought
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down