G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brake booster and master cylinder for 4-wheel disc brakes

3 posters

Go down

Brake booster and master cylinder for 4-wheel disc brakes Empty Brake booster and master cylinder for 4-wheel disc brakes

Post by Showtime73 Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:42 pm

I've read through all of the brake posts in forum and trying to find the right setup, but there's a ton to decipher. Can you guys running 4-wheel disc brakes post your booster & MC setup, and why you like or dislike it?

If there was anything you wish you had done add it in too. Asking before I pull the trigger on my next purchaser. The brake guy I'm talking to recommends rebuilding the factory setup, or he can provide a dual diaphragm 9in power booster setup up, then there's hydroboost. Drop a message below and let us know what working for you.

Thanks,
Nick
Showtime73
Showtime73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Brake booster and master cylinder for 4-wheel disc brakes Empty Re: Brake booster and master cylinder for 4-wheel disc brakes

Post by brownbomber77 Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:34 pm

Factory...ha. Consider the B bodies didn't change the master cylinder or anything when they made the Impala SS and the Caprice in the mid 90's. It's the same 7/8 bore. I just installed an Impala SS rear end in my neighbor's '84 Caprice. Plug and play. Brakes are great with no change except the rear axle with disc brakes.

brownbomber77
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Brake booster and master cylinder for 4-wheel disc brakes Empty Re: Brake booster and master cylinder for 4-wheel disc brakes

Post by thatfnthing Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:29 pm

brownbomber77 wrote:Consider the B bodies didn't change the master cylinder or anything when they made the Impala SS and the Caprice in the mid 90's.  It's the same 7/8 bore.

Nope. Having done that exact swap, I can tell you the 90's Caprice/Impala/Roadmaster master cylinder and booster are not the same at all from the G3's.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Showtime73 Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:24 am

I ended up with the CPP kit.

MCPVS-4-118
MAN MSTR CYL & 4-DISC PROP VLV SIDE MOUNT; 1 1/8 BORE M/C
Showtime73
Showtime73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:32 am

Love to see progress photos as you go...
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by brownbomber77 Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Did you change to a manual proportioning valve? I'm just curious what's different about them?

brownbomber77
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Showtime73 Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:32 pm

I didn't, but my car hasn't been driven since the install. It'll go to paint this week, and I'll overload yo guys with pictures shortly after thanksgiving.
Showtime73
Showtime73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Showtime73 Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:36 pm

I'm actually glad you mentioned that. The brake fluid was flowing super strong right after the install, and I just read an article about how too much pressure can cause brake lock.

The CPP kit has a proportioning valve, it looks adjustable. I'll have to get a brake pressure gauge to see where it's sitting.
Showtime73
Showtime73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down