G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buckskin vinyl washout

4 posters

Go down

Buckskin vinyl washout Empty Buckskin vinyl washout

Post by SINCE88 Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:53 pm

Wow I purchased a front bucket seat kit from PUI in order to replace the drivers seat bottom portion only. Being as the cover is a one piece design and only sold in pairs, I had to spend a significant amount of $$$ before paying for a professional install. I'm amazed at how much that damn vinyl's color throughout the car has changed. Anyone aware of a rattle can refinishing product that can replicate that buckskin color? Probably gonna have to do the remainder of the seating areas PLUS door panel/ rear seat armrest area things as well.
SINCE88
SINCE88
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Buckskin vinyl washout Empty Re: Buckskin vinyl washout

Post by Joe73 Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:04 pm

This might help. http://www.tptools.com/SEM-Color-Coat-Flexible-Coating,3320.html?b=d*12799
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Buckskin vinyl washout Empty Paint

Post by S3SS Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:59 am

SINCE88 wrote:Wow I purchased a front bucket seat kit from PUI in order to replace the drivers seat bottom portion only. Being as the cover is a one piece design and only sold in pairs, I had to spend a significant amount of $$$ before paying for a professional install. I'm amazed at how much that damn vinyl's color throughout the car has changed. Anyone aware of a rattle can refinishing product that can replicate that buckskin color? Probably gonna have to do the remainder of the seating areas PLUS door panel/ rear seat armrest area things as well.

Partsplace restoration paint worked very well. They have the buckskin paint your looking for. I've used it with great results....
S3SS
S3SS
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:31 am

Roadcaptain's build thread he tried a few different dyes for this buckskin and saddle interior.

https://www.g3gm.com/t9028-roadcaptain-s-77-build-thread
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down