G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Current 75 Laguna Project

4 posters

Go down

My Current 75 Laguna Project Empty My Current 75 Laguna Project

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:04 am

Here's some pics of my 1975 Laguna that I've been restoring off and on for the past 12 years. Bought it from the original owner here in the Houston area. He told me he bought it off the show roof floor in late 1975 from Peacock Chevrolet. It was born with a 400 4V engine, factory tach, and 2.73 posi rear end. He gave it to his son for transportation to College a few years later. Eventually the son lost interest and it sat in the parking lot of his apartment complex for quite some time before it was badly vandalized. All the glass was smashed out, the quarter panels and side louvers were chopped up with a hatchet and the carb and distributor were stolen. The father towed it back to his place of business and it sat for over 15 years covered in a tarp. A few years before I bought it he purchased another 75 Laguna roller to use for parts to fix his original Laguna. That never happened and that's when a buddy of mine spotted both of them one day on his way to work. He remembered that I had one in high school and said to get my butt over there to buy both of them. And that's what I did. Purchased both of them for $1k and made his original Laguna whole again. It still a numbers matching car. In the past several years I've rebuilt the entire front end suspension and brakes, done most of the interior and done some body work. Still needs much more work done but it runs and drives great and brings a smile to my face every time I start it up.

Day That I Brought It Home
My Current 75 Laguna Project 75_lag20

Its 1st Car Show 3 Years Later
My Current 75 Laguna Project 75_lag19

Interior Restored
My Current 75 Laguna Project 20191210

Current Condition
My Current 75 Laguna Project 75_lag21
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

anthonyalessi74, REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP, TW Monte, 77cruiser, Finn Monte, 76Chevelle2Tone and jpowen49 like this post

Back to top Go down

My Current 75 Laguna Project Empty Re: My Current 75 Laguna Project

Post by Iggy Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:27 am

The only car I would give up my 1975 Laguna for is a Gen 2 Monte Carlo equipped the same way. I have wanted a Laguna S3 since they came out with the slant nose in 1975, would have to be a nice 73-77 Monte to make me sell it.
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by jpowen49 Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:43 am

Love your Laguna,looks great.
jpowen49
jpowen49
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:41 am

Iggy wrote:The only car I would give up my 1975 Laguna for is a Gen 2 Monte Carlo equipped the same way.  I have wanted a Laguna S3 since they came out with the slant nose in 1975, would have to be a nice 73-77 Monte to make me sell it.

The 2nd gen Monte Carlo is definitely still on my bucket list. Would really like to have a 73 especially. Maybe after I finish my Hurst Olds project I'll get it sold and start looking seriously for one.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:42 am

jpowen49 wrote:Love your Laguna,looks great.

Thank you sir! Can't wait to see yours finished. Your posts have really brought back some fond memories of my past 76.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

jpowen49 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:52 am

Hey. I just noticed that in the second picture you have a young Dolph Lundgren driving your car. Where did you meet him at? Was that at the Rocky IV car show that you were telling me about a couple of years ago? Now that’s impressive!
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:41 pm

REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP wrote:Hey. I just noticed that in the second picture you have a young Dolph Lundgren driving your car. Where did you meet him at?  Was that at the Rocky IV car show that you were telling me about a couple of years ago?  Now that’s impressive!

Ha, I wish! It was just his stunt double.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down