G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jegs exhaust kit?

+4
The Dude
orange Juiced
BlackChevelleSS
alowerlevel
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jegs exhaust kit? Empty Jegs exhaust kit?

Post by alowerlevel Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:07 am

Anyone ever use the Jegs dual exhaust kit? http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/30552/10002/-1?parentProductId=751868
Im looking at it only cause I just want something cheap to throw on my '73 for now just to get it on the road. And Im wondering how the fit of the pipes are etc.
alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Jegs exhaust kit? Empty Re: Jegs exhaust kit?

Post by 74Malibu383 Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:52 am

"May require cutting and welding in some circumstances due to different ride height and suspension setups."

You can bet your @$$ it's going to.... Haven't seen a "bolt-on" setup for these cars that doesn't.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:23 pm

Exactly the reason why I haven't bought a "bolt-on" exhaust set-up for my 76. I don't want to cut & re-bend, etc. I'm just going to a local shop that quoted me $174 from headers to bumper for dual 2 1/2" pipes & I bring my own mufflers. My problem is deciding on tips that look good on these cars. I could go side exit right before the rear wheels for $50 cheaper but I don't want to deal with the constant resonance on a daily driver even if it does look better.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by orange Juiced Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:44 pm

WOW $174 is cheap, I keep getting quoted around $275+ from headers to rear with no tips or mufflers.
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by alowerlevel Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:26 pm

Yeah, I got quotes from $250 and up if I brought my own mufflers, and thats just the regular muffler shop crush bent pipe, the Jegs kit is mandrel bent. Im not too worried about having to modify the Jegs kit alittle if I have to, I have a welder etc so thats no big deal. I plan on adding an x pipe to it anyways.
alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:33 pm

I paid $190 for mine out the back with 3" pipe. bought the mufflers and reducers took it to em.

Jegs exhaust kit? SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:20 pm

Dan that sounds about the same as my quote if you figure 3" is gonna cost more than 2 1/2". I'm glad we live in the cheaper part of the country, lol.

Anyone found a tip that looks right on these cars? I got some big A$$ tips just laying around (echo chambers?) but I'd rather find something a little less obnoxious for Brown Eye. The only thing I can imagine is either chrome turn-downs at the rear corners or thin rectangular tips tucked just under the bumper.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by orange Juiced Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:33 pm

Rago wrote:Dan that sounds about the same as my quote if you figure 3" is gonna cost more than 2 1/2". I'm glad we live in the cheaper part of the country, lol.

Anyone found a tip that looks right on these cars? I got some big A$$ tips just laying around (echo chambers?) but I'd rather find something a little less obnoxious for Brown Eye. The only thing I can imagine is either chrome turn-downs at the rear corners or thin rectangular tips tucked just under the bumper.

Go with some whistle tips, WOOOO WOOOOOO!!!!!!! Razz