G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i need to remove the glass, any tips?

+8
Limey SE
JB2wheeler
BANNED USER
74Malibu383
BlackChevelleSS
Laguna Budman
McCauley5983
badbiscayne66
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

i need to remove the glass, any tips? - Page 2 Empty Re: i need to remove the glass, any tips?

Post by cromags76 BANNED Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:42 pm

k thx

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : -6

Back to top Go down

i need to remove the glass, any tips? - Page 2 Empty Re: i need to remove the glass, any tips?

Post by cromags76 BANNED Tue May 04, 2010 8:26 pm

i officially have all the windows out, just got the rear glass out today
and i got some spare opera windows without the landau logo on them
now i can finish cleaning up the metal on the inside of the car and painted black and finish the floors to start putting it all back together
once i get a phone that i can text message pictures to my email then i will put some up of my progress
i can certainly say im proud of how i took the rear glass out today, not one crack in it hahaha rabbit

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim_Rockford Wed May 05, 2010 2:41 pm

yea I always put full coverage on all my cars other than the serious beaters and I always get a new windshield put it, Makes driving a old car 100 times better,
Jim_Rockford
Jim_Rockford
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by cromags76 BANNED Wed May 05, 2010 3:34 pm

yeah but i am restoreing this i have a bunch of rust holes to fix yet because of the landau top
does anyone have any tips to get all that black goo off of the body? its really messy ive got what was stuck on the window off
im about to just grind it down to the metal haha

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Wed May 05, 2010 4:00 pm

hand held propane torch and putty knife just warm it and scrape it. could also use heat gun too
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by cromags76 BANNED Wed May 05, 2010 4:42 pm

ok thx ill go try it right now Smile ill let you know how it goes later tonight haha

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cromags76 BANNED Wed May 05, 2010 5:06 pm

nvm my propane thing is empty i need a new one ill just get a bunch of degreaser and scrape it off best i can with a razor and then wire brush it

cromags76 BANNED
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2