G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

carpet

+3
texan01
alleyball4
dynchel
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

carpet - Page 2 Empty Re: carpet

Post by 77mali Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:04 pm

Were they the body by Fischer sill plates?

They're 89.00 @ the parts place.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:40 am

Yes, and I already ordered them from The Parts Place this evening. I spent a lot of bucks at the Parts Place too, like gas tank, windshield etc. Good folks over there.

My track record at NPD hasn't been very good, but they usually make it right. They are out of stock on the sill plates now.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:07 am

Hey Bill, gread thread over @ elcaminocentral.

Wanted to let you know that you seem to be missing some pics on the thread here & there (FYI).

My guess is that it may have to do with direct linking to photobucket. If pics get moved around on PB- the direct link gets nullified because the pics "address" changes.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:09 am

Yeah, I suspect that's what happened. Sad

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:16 pm

Today wasn't a good day. I had to remove the right door window, to tighten one of the bolts that go through the glass. Just couldn't get at it good enough to do it with the glass in the door. After a hassle, and and working according to the body manual, I got it out, and tightened the offending bolt. Putting it back is is a disaster so far. The window is so dam heavy, that it's hard to hold onto while getting it fished back in there. So...I just walked away from it & came home. Gonna get my son to help with it, like maybe tonight.... Crying or Very sad

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:25 pm

I know exactly what you're going through with that window install. I've pulled a dozen windows out in the yards and every time I'm thinking..."I sure hope I never have to reinstall one of these on one of my own cars!" They are a p.i.t.a. to maneuver down inside the door channel...all the while hoping you don't scratch the glass. Definitely, a two-man job if you ask me. Patience is all I can suggest.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:52 pm

Sux to work alone sometimes, that's one of those you def. need help with. All the darn glass is either heavy or awkward. Look at it this way, you get to spend some quality time. Very Happy
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:24 pm

My son cam over after work, and we got the window back into the door, and got it adjusted OK.
I'm used to working alone, but sometimes I need help. I worked on the doors at home last summer, and fooling with the windows was easy enough when the doors are laying flat on a bench. I had all the "guts" out of them at that time & cleaned all the parts, then a coat of clear to protect them.

That one bolt not being torqued up was the culprit this time. It must have been like that when I got the body, because it took some twisting to get it tight. So much for not inspecting the parts like I should have.
Anyway, I have to install the mirrors in the doors next, so I can put the door panels on. That will pretty much finish the interior except bolting the seat in, and center belts in.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2