G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lost ignition key and steering is locked

+6
maliburacinfreak
1973 454 MONTE
Mcarlo77
Limey SE
BlackChevelleSS
thatfnthing
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

lost ignition key and steering is locked - Page 2 Empty Re: lost ignition key and steering is locked

Post by fishhead Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:57 pm

Just kidding about cutting the wires,I managed to angle the cancel assembly thing-a-ma-bob for just enough working room.I'll dive back in tomorrow.Thank you for all the great advice everyone,this place rocks!!

fishhead
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

lost ignition key and steering is locked - Page 2 Empty Re: lost ignition key and steering is locked

Post by fishhead Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:34 pm

Wow! Time flies for the living...I bought a new ignition lock cylinder at AutoZone and it is now installed and working fine.Things got interesting when I was removing the thin metal covering the little nugget of my intent..there was an extra 1/4" or more of material to the left of my target area so I had to remove slightly more of the membrane to reach in with a small flatblade screwdriver to slide the cylinder toward the exit.I'm happy to say my newly refinished Grant GT is back in place and the dash face and steering column freshly repainted.Thanks for all the help everyone!

fishhead
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:04 am

Thanks for the update.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2