G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock Auto

+5
Joe73
Hawk03
Sleddogg
alleyball4
thatfnthing
9 posters

Go down

Rock Auto Empty Rock Auto

Post by Tom77 Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:25 pm

Was looking online and they seem to have all name brand parts for about half of what the part stores do. Has anybody used this site. They seem to have all the parts I need for the suspension, steering and brakes. Shipped right to my door so they say.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Rock Auto Empty Re: Rock Auto

Post by thatfnthing Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:51 pm

I've bought stuff from them. Good prices, prompt shipping. Never had a problem.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyball4 Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:28 pm

I use Rock Auto all the time ... depending on what you buy, shipping rates can be kind of high on larger items.

You typical receive stuff within a few days, as long as it's in stock in their warehouse.

Keep in mind, all the ordering needs to be done, through their website. They are an international company, so youre not going to get a whole lot of phone support, etc.

alleyball4
alleyball4
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleddogg Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:59 pm

If you do your homework, you can really get some killer deals on Rock. I have bought quite a number of items from them and my only gripe is shipping. But often even with shipping factored in, they are cheaper than some of the local parts stores or dealers. They have multiple warehouses, so if one of your items is in a different warehouse, your shipping goes up. But they do have a feature that shows if the item your looking at comes from the same location as the one in your cart. Bear in mind, some of the photos of the parts are generic...snoop around on google and verify your part numbers before ordering, but normally they are spot on with descriptions, parts numbers, etc.

Take care,

Jesse
Sleddogg
Sleddogg
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:00 pm

I've ordered numerous stuff from them for my other car. Search online, they always have a 5% off code floating around.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:09 pm

Love rock auto. great prices and good shipping.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:14 pm

Never had a problem with them,all name brand parts too. I just bought wheel bearing for my Regal from them.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:22 pm

Thanks putting my order in tonight!
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by sick73chevelle Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:48 pm

I order from Rockauto all the time. Just got a right rear floorpan for the Chevelle yesterday. Ordered it on Sunday, drop shipped direct from Sherman and on my porch when I got home Tuesday. Under a hundred bucks with shipping for a super nice pan made in the USA. You can't buy them direct from Sherman or any of the other suppliers for our cars that cheap. Contrary to an earlier post, their customer service is actually very good. I had a window motor go bad and they warrantied it since it was less than a year old. They even refunded me the original shipping charge too!
sick73chevelle
sick73chevelle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Biomedtech Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:27 pm

Rock Auto is great, I usually print the page with the part I'm interested in and wander in to my local O'Reillys or Autozone and 9 times out of 10 they'll match it.
Biomedtech
Biomedtech
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down