G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update

+7
alive 75
thatfnthing
Pontichev327
Limey SE
1973 454 MONTE
77mali
dynchel
11 posters

Go down

Update Empty Update

Post by lars Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:14 pm

It's been a long while, and I'd just like to tell you all I did manage to do it. I got my car registered and after some front end work got it to pass inspection! I love my car, and it is finally my daily driver. Very Happy It is super reliable, and I love everything about it.

Update Photo.php?fbid=576091579080366&set=a.411486268874232.93982
lars
lars
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Update Empty Re: Update

Post by lars Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:21 pm

Update 972019_576091579080366_675300819_n
lars
lars
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:42 pm

Looks good. Thumbs up congrats passing inspection. Sometimes I wish Ohio had a vehicle inspection since I see do many cars that shouldn't be on the road. Exclamation
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by lars Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:56 pm

I can't imagine life without inspection. You could drive anything.. Well, at least I don't have to pass emissions.
lars
lars
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:00 pm

We can pretty drive any death trap we want. We have emissions testing, but the car becomes exempt after 25 years, so most all "cool" cars are now exempt.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:04 pm

Congrats dude, that's awesome.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:07 pm

congrats
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:11 pm

lars wrote:It's been a long while, and I'd just like to tell you all I did manage to do it. I got my car registered and after some front end work got it to pass inspection! I love my car, and it is finally my daily driver. Very Happy It is super reliable, and I love everything about it.

Update Photo.php?fbid=576091579080366&set=a.411486268874232.93982

Now that your Passed Mod the Piss out of it LOL
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:15 pm

Ah, to be 18 and driving my dark green Laguna again! Thirty five years goes by pretty fast...Here's to 1978! Beer [img]Update Vintag12[/img].............................Congrats on getting the car to pass!
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:11 am

dynchel wrote:Sometimes I wish Ohio had a vehicle inspection since I see do many cars that shouldn't be on the road.

It's a double-edged sword. We have it, and while it does keep a lot of death-traps off the road, it's still far too subjective for the actual inspector. I had a guy give me crap about not having stock seatbelts, even though the arrangement now is a hell of a lot better than the factory setup. The next guy said the standard is that they just need to be there.

As for emissions, I think they actually got this one right -- 1996 and later they hook to the computer and the computer in Albany reads the car to make sure it's running properly. Even guys with custom tunes don't have any trouble as long as it doesn't have any trouble codes. Anything prior to 1996 is visual inspection only, but there aren't too many of those, anyway. This way they don't have to bother with the complexity and expense of tail pipe sniffing.

Oh, yeah, and ditto on the congrats for passing!
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by alive 75 Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:18 pm

congrats on your accomplishments,,
alive 75
alive 75
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:14 pm

lars wrote:I can't imagine life without inspection. You could drive anything.. Well, at least I don't have to pass emissions.

Nice work in getting your car passed!  Bet you learned a thing or two on how things work on your car...Ha!

Never had to worry about inspections in MN...and, emissions testing was deemed a waste of taxpayer money at least a dozen yrs ago after numerous studies proved that the natural attrition of older cars being taken off the road due to owners losing interest in their rusty cars took care of the primary polluters.  Still, you'll see some real heaps rumbling around...
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:54 am

No inspection or emissions here thank God, or I would say the 74 would be sitting at home.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by lars Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:32 pm

Some shots in the sweltering New England heat. Everything burns when you get in the car and all the metal is so hot. The steering wheel sweats some form of plastic.
Update 2013-010/img]

Update 2013-012/img]

Update 2013-011/img]
lars
lars
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cees klumper Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:59 pm

Congrats on your very nice car.

The stuff on the steering wheel comes and goes on mine. Seems related to the humidity in the air. You can wipe it off with a cloth and it should be ok for a while. Happy motoring!
cees klumper
cees klumper
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down