G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crossmember transmission mount picture

4 posters

Go down

Crossmember transmission mount picture Empty Crossmember transmission mount picture

Post by Fishgrinder Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:55 pm

I'm in the process of putting a 454 and TH400 in my 1975 Monte Carlo.

Since an owner in the past put a Buick 430 in it, I will have to reconstruct the little platform on the cross member the transmission mount sits on. He kind of cut and welded the platform to position it more forward, while the cross member itself is bolted in the rear holes (TH400 setup).

I was wondering if anyone had a picture showing this platform, and possibly measurements of how high up on the side of the cross member it sits.

If you're following me Wink

Fishgrinder
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Crossmember transmission mount picture Empty Re: Crossmember transmission mount picture

Post by ant7377 Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:08 pm

I would just replace it. Maybe not the true hot rodders way of doing it but who wants their tranny to fall out. Search on here for Compucar racing you want to talk to Scott. . He makes a crossmember that fits beautifully.I have one in my 77.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Crossmember transmission mount picture Empty Re: Crossmember transmission mount picture

Post by thatfnthing Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:15 pm

Agreed. I have one also, and it's outstanding -- way better than the factory unit.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruisr Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:13 pm

The top of the pad where the tranny mount rests on is centered height wise on the top and bottom of crossmember: meaning if you were to look at it straight on it is centered if you were to slice the crossmember into halves.  Also, it extends out 4 inches. Crossmember transmission mount picture %3Ca%20href=Crossmember transmission mount picture 07191310" />
Bruisr
Bruisr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishgrinder Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:53 am

Thanks Bruisr! We got a new pad welded on this weekend. It should work ok.

Fishgrinder
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruisr Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:44 pm

Glad to hear it!
Bruisr
Bruisr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down