G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swapping dash and gauges. Going from 77 malibu w/ idiot lights to 73 el camino ss with round gauges

G3GM :: Media :: Videos

Go down

Swapping dash and gauges. Going from 77 malibu w/ idiot lights to 73 el camino ss with round gauges Empty Swapping dash and gauges. Going from 77 malibu w/ idiot lights to 73 el camino ss with round gauges

Post by Oldschool454 Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:21 pm

Need some help here. I just purchesed a complete dash (dash face, round gauges with fuel, temp, tach, speedo, amps, and clock) along with the original circuit sheet, all in great shape and working when removed. I was just wondering what all is required to convert it over from a 77 malibu wiring harness with square gauges and idiot lights to the new one. I've done some research and some say I may need to re-pin the harness I have. I'm also not sure if I need a tach filter or not (it does have an HEI dist.) If I do have to repin it how do I go about knowing what goes where? any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I really don't want to fry my new (and not cheap) dash...
Oldschool454
Oldschool454
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down