G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New acquisition. Dad's 76 Laguna

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New acquisition. Dad's 76 Laguna - Page 2 Empty Re: New acquisition. Dad's 76 Laguna

Post by Oldschool454 Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:23 am

I know it's just an ordinary car to most. And even the color took a while to grow on me. But this is the car I remember getting picked up from gradeschool/highschool in when I was younger and riding to car shows in before I was old enough to drive. lol. So I guess it just holds a lot of sentimental value to me more than anything. I gave myself a headache day after day for a couple weeks debating if i could bring myself to sell my silver car to buy his. So I owe a lot to the wife for helping me make this happen so that I can keep both.
Oldschool454
Oldschool454
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

New acquisition. Dad's 76 Laguna - Page 2 Empty Re: New acquisition. Dad's 76 Laguna

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:32 pm

Give that girl some roses!

Glad you were able to hang on to it.

So it started out as a Malibu Classic?
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldschool454 Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:42 pm

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:Give that girl some roses!

Glad you were able to hang on to it.

So it started out as a Malibu Classic?
I think what I agreed to was faaaar better than roses for her. lol And yes both his and my silver one started as 77 Malibu classics.
Oldschool454
Oldschool454
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:45 pm

Wow! That was a lot of work over the years!

Congrats!
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldschool454 Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:18 pm

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:Wow! That was a lot of work over the years!

Congrats!
......and as always, still much work to be done. Hah! Thanks! Very Happy
Oldschool454
Oldschool454
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:41 pm

Thats great! Good to see you could keep it. If I had the chance to get back one of my dads cars I would in a heartbeat. I bet you look at the pics of your grandparents there and say "where did the time go ? " I know I do that looking at pics of my grandparents and even my parents and say that. Neat cars both of them. Enjoy em!
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:31 pm

Oldschool454 wrote:New acquisition. Dad's 76 Laguna - Page 2 Dsc_8232" /> Grandma and grandpa after purchasing it new in 1977. ^-^

AWESOME ... love old family photos like this!!!!!

Oldschool454 wrote:I know it's just an ordinary car to most. And even the color took a while to grow on me. But this is the car I remember getting picked up from gradeschool/highschool in when I was younger and riding to car shows in before I was old enough to drive. lol. So I guess it just holds a lot of sentimental value to me more than anything. I gave myself a headache day after day for a couple weeks debating if i could bring myself to sell my silver car to buy his. So I owe a lot to the wife for helping me make this happen so that I can keep both.

Glad you are able to keep both ... always good to be able to get a car with so much sentimental value. It's far from an ordinary car, for those very reasons.

Cort Smile www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"I don't want to take this life for granted" __ Keith Urban __ 'Somebody Like You'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2