G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How I improved my ITM 4 speed shifter

5 posters

Go down

How I improved my ITM 4 speed shifter Empty How I improved my ITM 4 speed shifter

Post by clanceman427 Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:41 pm

Been working on my clutch replacement/trans rebuild / shifter rebuild. I was able to rebuild my original ITM shifter with some improvements. It would allow the shifter to pass from 2nd to neutral wile leaving the trans still in 2nd (not good). I found that adding a .060" washer between the 1-2 detent arm and the spacer between 1-2 detent arm and the reverse detent arm solves that. Also tightens up the feel while allowing full factory function. Also shimmed the "pull up for reverse" spring 0.25" with a spacer and that made it better too. Also replaced the original main pivot tube, as it looked pretty beat up. McMaster Carr has alloy steel tubing by the foot fortthis. Now I know Hurst has a superior product but I'm staying true to stock factory while improving it:)
How I improved my ITM 4 speed shifter Imag0920

How I improved my ITM 4 speed shifter Imag0921

How I improved my ITM 4 speed shifter Imag0922

How I improved my ITM 4 speed shifter Imag0923

How I improved my ITM 4 speed shifter Imag0924
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

How I improved my ITM 4 speed shifter Empty Re: How I improved my ITM 4 speed shifter

Post by Limey SE Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:49 pm

Very NIce BUddy

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

How I improved my ITM 4 speed shifter Empty Re: How I improved my ITM 4 speed shifter

Post by Joe73 Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:03 am

Awesome job. A little tweaking goes a long way. Should feel real nice now.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:37 am

Nice work!
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by vegadan Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi I know this is an older post but I have a question. I have disassembled my shifter and am now trying to reassemble it. I am having a problem reinserting the cover plate that covers the back and curves around and covers the bottom also. What is the trick to getting this back in?? I have tried prying the main body apart but have had no luck! Thanks Dan.
vegadan
vegadan
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down