G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

well GOD DA**IT LIMEY MAYBE IN TROUBLE

+11
JB2wheeler
The Dude
74Malibu383
' HARRY '
knightfan26917
BlackChevelleSS
coreys73chevelle
1973 454 MONTE
ant7377
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
IndyG3
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

well GOD DA**IT LIMEY MAYBE IN TROUBLE Empty well GOD DA**IT LIMEY MAYBE IN TROUBLE

Post by Limey SE Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:46 pm

Me and my bro in law before it snowed took limey to his heated shop where I could work on the car thru the winter well with the freezing rain melting snow his garage collapsed his 1980 Camaro we already know is a total loss, but we cant get in there the rest of the way to check on mine but its not looking good I can see a beam laying across the trunk hope thats all that fell on it but we cant move nothing till insurance inspectors come and look at it tomorrow morning.

If I want any money outta this I have to let him say it was car in there and accept what they give him, for if I say it was mine it will not be covered...............I am absolutely sick about ready to puke and just quit altogether on this project and just sell everything and buy a complete running car and switch it over to my tunnel ram.............I am going back over there tonight and crawl thru there before the inspectors get there and rip the tunnel ram off and all the accesories I can that way they dont see them and take them (IF THEY TAKE) when they take the car

Anybody know how to take off boxed control arms with out killing yourself by not jacking the car up ??

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

well GOD DA**IT LIMEY MAYBE IN TROUBLE Empty Re: well GOD DA**IT LIMEY MAYBE IN TROUBLE

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:54 pm

dude
that blows.
hope everything is going to be OK.

put t-ram in the camino.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

well GOD DA**IT LIMEY MAYBE IN TROUBLE Empty Re: well GOD DA**IT LIMEY MAYBE IN TROUBLE

Post by Limey SE Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:04 pm

going back over there tonight in a little bit to see if can crawl thru there my bro in law is pissed off as hell he just bought this summer a new rider tractor its gone his motor he was building is on the floor, it broke the bolts on the engine stand when it fell, the main beam went right thru his roof, I was just saying with him in a disgusted tone well you always did want a convertable....told me to f'n leave and come back later

his loss is for sure about 12 grand he just had it painted about 8 weeks ago, that alone was for $3500 me I can only pray it was just the trunk area but they were more whoa nelly I could not even see due to the one wall being collapsed

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:07 pm

again I ask can the rear control arms come off without the car being jacked up ?? I dont wanna move anything , bt if they take the car them are coming off crap they are exspensive to replace, front sway bar will come off no probs but will have to let the brand new front a-arms go with it dammit

I am freaking mad as hell right now i will check with y'all later

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:13 pm

you might be able to buy it back as salvage.

i personally would not try to get the arms off with out jacking it up.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:17 pm

besides

they wont take the car tomorrow,so you might have time to take them off.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:07 pm

They should give you at least some time to take any parts off it that you want if they decide to take it. Hopefully it won't come to that though.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:17 pm

im sorry to hear that man...good luck with everything
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:51 pm

well just got back home went over there with a more controlled mindset, there are 2 broken beams across My baby aarrrrrrrrrgggggggggg she is not gonna be saveable one 6 x6 beam flattened the back end and the other beam went right from where the windshield starts at roof line and went back flattened the roof........looks like a dam tree fell on my poor car........................... front clip and suspension parts (maybe doors) are the only thing savageable will be pulling her outta there when they tear building down next tuesday.

My bro in law didnt notify them that this car was in there now like he was supposed to so this car WILL NOT BE COVERED

I AM SOL god dammit any freakin way ( sorry bout bad words black) he said he will give me 1000 when the insurance pays off but that DOES NOT cover the other 2500 or so i have in it, pulling motor,trans and anything savable from car wednesday. Beginning to think GOD only wants me to have one car or sumtim this fu**ing suks

Anyways front clip and maybe doors (glass was shattered) are saveable with motor,trans

ON A SIDE NOTE ORANGEJUICED THE TAIL LIGHTS WERE HERE SO THEY ARE FINE IF YOU STILL WANT THE SOMBITCHS

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:18 pm

Terrible to hear. I hope it all works out for you .
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:36 pm

do we see a El-Laguna in the future with the extra parts? Very Happy
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:38 pm

Everything happens for a reason bro. Things will look up.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:44 pm

yea i dont know that el camino is really really complete dont know if if i wanna rip it apart as of yet maybe next spring............i dont know yet still realing that this actually happened YET AGAIN 85% done with car and remember thats what happened to the blue one I had cept it was with the frame being bad and hidden by previous owner

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:53 pm

look in the classifieds for parts

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:15 am

Anthony, if you want to come get the mint green car you can. Id probably take $200 for the thing. Good solid car (I think) The only I want is the rear-end and front disks. Itd pretty much be a new start or cut it apart and use the panels on your car.

Anthony, im sorry about the car. whoa nelly happens and sometimes it feels like god is punishing us but keep your head high and dont get too depressed...

well GOD DA**IT LIMEY MAYBE IN TROUBLE SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:18 am

sorry to hear this, but now the ekly can get finished?
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:28 am

BlackChevelleSS wrote:Anthony, if you want to come get the mint green car you can. Id probably take $200 for the thing. Good solid car (I think) The only I want is the rear-end and front disks. Itd pretty much be a new start or cut it apart and use the panels on your car.

Anthony, im sorry about the car. whoa nelly happens and sometimes it feels like god is punishing us but keep your head high and dont get too depressed...

You're a god man! Thumbs up

That's what this hobby is all about!

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:48 am

thanks for the offer Dan, I already a complete new a-arm set up so that would not be a prob and def gonna be pulling that rear end outta there it has the big 11" rear drums.....................I am not depressed though s hit happens for a reason like ev1 said ............I just dont know I worked so hard on this dam car finally got the dual quad fuel lines straightened and was gonna mount them tomorrow, have everything I needed Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang and then this crap happens..........

Give Me Beer and alot of it Mad

what i have learned DO NOT TAKE CAR ANYWHERE ELSE BUT HOME

P.S. DAN SEND ME SOME PICS AND SEE WHAT HAPPEN'S I GUESS AND THANKS

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:45 am

Ill try and get some pics soon. The rear window has some rust through that leaked in the trunk and filled it with water. When I got it, there was 6" of water in the trunk. I popped the plugs out for it to drain. Its rusted through around the tail lights just a small amount. I know it it will need a front fender.
The old pics of when I got it are still up.

https://www.g3gm.com/g3-project-pictures-f10/the-new-mint-green-73-malibu-350-t671-15.htm

BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:50 am

wiring and drivetrain still complete ??

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:54 am

no pretty much a body and frame.... has front clip off the SS... the ac stuff is there and part of the interior wiring and the rear harness. Front seat is there...

BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:03 am

Aye, Limey ... very very sorry this happened..... Sad.

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
CDshowcase | Sat.Dec 19, 5p-10p.central | Thu.Dec 24, noon.central = www.WRMN1410.com
"Maybe I'll drive so far they'll all lose track" ... Dolly Parton ... 'Hard Candy Christmas'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by ' HARRY ' Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:08 am

Really sorry to hear of this, Limey. Salvage what you can and don't take any crap from the insurance company. Make them do right by you.

Best regards,

Harry
' HARRY '
' HARRY '
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:15 pm

NOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!!!! Limey, that sucks man. This was my favorite ongoing G3 project. Hopefully you can save a lot of the non-body parts for another project. Just hate seeing you having to start from scratch again. Good luck & stick in there.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:22 pm

Awful, just awful.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next