G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

well GOD DA**IT LIMEY MAYBE IN TROUBLE

+11
JB2wheeler
The Dude
74Malibu383
' HARRY '
knightfan26917
BlackChevelleSS
coreys73chevelle
1973 454 MONTE
ant7377
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
IndyG3
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

well GOD DA**IT LIMEY MAYBE IN TROUBLE - Page 2 Empty Re: well GOD DA**IT LIMEY MAYBE IN TROUBLE

Post by Limey SE Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:53 pm

Rago wrote:NOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!!!! Limey, that sucks man. This was my favorite ongoing G3 project. Hopefully you can save a lot of the non-body parts for another project. Just hate seeing you having to start from scratch again. Good luck & stick in there.

wont be from scratch this time rago, I aint going that route again will be from a 98% done el camino !!!

I am already deciding on which rims to keep and as you can see in my classified's post I am downsizing all my spares of everything I had collected, I am so sick of this project, now it's time to get this party started and see what this motor can do.

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

well GOD DA**IT LIMEY MAYBE IN TROUBLE - Page 2 Empty Re: well GOD DA**IT LIMEY MAYBE IN TROUBLE

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:03 pm

Man, I am so sorry to hear about this. I know how hard you have worked to get ahead on these projects. I thought I was the only one who has all the bad luck around here. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:10 pm

crap JB if I didnt have bad luck I would not have any at all

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:15 pm

Glad to see you're in good spirits about the whole ordeal. Still would have been cool to see Limey get finished though. So what are you changing your name to now, El'guna? lol
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:30 pm

well just got a cal from the insurance guy his home owners is gonna cover 1500 and I can take all parts I can salvage from car. at least I can get some money out of it I guess Have a week from wednesday to pull parts.....should be real easy since none have seen road time LOL HA HA HA i am gonna scream LOL

AN DAN THANKS FOR THE OFFER OF YOUR 73 BUT IT WONT BE FEASIBLE FOR ME TO GET THAT DEEP INTO ANOTHER PROJECT AGAIN BUT YEA THATS WHAT THIS SPORT ABOUT HELPING EACH OTHER OUT AND I THANKS ALL OF YOU FOR TALKING ME THRU THIS MEANS ALOT RIGHT NOW

AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

OK I AM DONE

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:49 pm

So other than the blood, sweat, tears, & love for the car you shouldn't be losing much money right? If it were me, the insurance company would be picking up a bare shell...... but that's me. The leftover parts sold individually could probably finish your Elky with money for a nice Lime green paint job. Beer
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:19 pm

they will be picking up a shell control arms, motor,trans,interior WILL BE GONE

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:21 pm

thank god I never installed the dash and such yet was waiting on wiring from a member here ........question is now do I leave the 1st gen camaro buckets in the elky or put Limeys bench in there so whole family can travel with while driving

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:40 pm

Darn, if I was 20 years younger I would pick up that shell and take the body off the frame and put a US Body Source shell on it. On Powerblock TV they show how to put a full roll cage inside a body shell where it does not show too much from outside. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:43 pm

Bench in the Camino!

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Tame76 Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:30 am

Hey Limey...just got around to reading this whole post. I am very sorry and can't believe this! I know how hard you have been working and how much time you've invested so far between BOTH your projects to get to where you were. Let me know if i can help you out in any way, locating parts, looking for a specific car, etc! You name it.
A_Tame76
A_Tame76
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:07 pm

Thanks Jeff but for right now till I get the el camino running I am gonna concentrate JUST on that one for now........and if I do get a second project it will be a driver at the least............ I think I am DONE with projects for now, this kinda put my spirits in the shi* hole for now so gonna get the el camino back on the street for now.

VERY NICE TO HEAR ALL THE KIND WORDS FROM ALL YOU GUYS ABOUT THIS F'ED MESS THAT HAS HAPPENED, JUST GOES TO SHOW WHEN IT COMES TO CAR GUYS THEY CANT BE BEAT FOR HELPING EACH OTHER OUT

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Tame76 Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:09 pm

Im not up to speed with your Elcamino project. What year is this car and what are you doing to it? Lastly, get through this winter and don't even think about a big project. Once spring rolls around, I bet you will get the itch back to start a new and BETTER project!
A_Tame76
A_Tame76
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:46 pm

1975 el camino is getting limey's motor / trans and interior over winter and come spring will be sporting a whole new look with a few surprises

have more pics in the gallery

well GOD DA**IT LIMEY MAYBE IN TROUBLE - Page 2 Mr_tra10

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 74442guy Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:39 pm

poor limey that sucks anthony well hope it gets better for you bro you can always help on the cutty if your looking for stuff to do like projects and if you ever need help with mr tar give me holla still thinking about the mirrors if you still have them good luck
74442guy
74442guy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74442guy Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:42 pm

plus gets me out of the house cause like you said being laid off sucks lol
74442guy
74442guy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:11 pm

YEA still got them down to 2 sets one blue one black

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:20 pm

74442guy wrote:poor limey that sucks anthony well hope it gets better for you bro you can always help on the cutty if your looking for stuff to do like projects and if you ever need help with mr tar give me holla still thinking about the mirrors if you still have them good luck

waiting to install the heat then got a few tricks up my sleeve for I AM TRAR HERE ME ROAR LMAO wow wayyyyyy too much sugar today I think...................LMAO no but seriously when the heat gets cooking in garage in a week or two I will be going gung ho on the ELKY

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 74442guy Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:11 pm

cool sounds like a plan i will prob get the black ones they would prob look cool on the blue body lol
74442guy
74442guy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:54 pm

ok I will set them aside for you, prob have the heat hooked up in garage at the end of the month have to get the tanks re-certified now I see why the guy let the set up go so cheep LOL but in the long run can hook my gas grill up to the same tanks as the heat in the winter fill once a year @ 145 bucks and call it done till next year.........sure beats filling that lil 20 pounder tank up @ 24.99 x 5 in a 6 month time

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:58 pm

the blue ones i have would actually almost match your paint right now LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 74442guy Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:40 pm

really might have to send a pic lol
74442guy
74442guy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2