G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it worth it?

+2
Limey SE
Hawk03
6 posters

Go down

Is it worth it? Empty Is it worth it?

Post by SSTOOLMAN Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:25 pm

Let me know if you guys are getting sick of these!!!!!!! Ill stop posting.
https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/6173546074.html
I might have posted this before but they did some paint work since then

SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it?

Post by ant7377 Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:16 pm

Keep posting. You cant see everything on CL and you never know what could come up.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:41 am

+1 its always fun to see what is out there.

I think this guy bought this from the original owner's kids or that is what the first Craigslist ad had said or its the same person posting different stories. The kid's posting said the car had sat for a while and their father like'd metal work as a hobby and added some flair to the car. I would not buy it. I can live with the interior but the exterior is a little too unique for my taste.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:22 am

I know of this Car He has the Original grill for it also Interior looks like from a Monte Carlo or similar and he also has a Spare hood to be bought with it if the owner doesnt want the "custom" hood

Guys Name is Christopher Bass and is a Member of our 73-77 Genre facebook groups he also has quite a Bit of parts for sale for 500 for all Fenders Hood 2-73 grills etc etc Grill is from a Jeep he said but like mentioned he does have the original and really if selling car should put it back to get more interest

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by SSTOOLMAN Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:20 pm

This car came up for sale 3 yrs ago. The Dad passed away had it in a shed he did metalworking and the mods. 249,000 mi.a friend of a friend bought it after it was on CL for 6 months for $4200 . He was in car flip heaven. Being a rookie G3er he quickly found out it was worth 2 grand tops. He sold it to this guy I think. he did some detailing or paint work and relisted d it for $15 grand (I couldn't believe it) it has under dash add on air for Pete's sakes! He listed it with 50,000 mi. Having first hand knowledge of the correct miles I shot him a text explaining I know the car and it's true miles and telling him nicely to make sure he knew. He blew up my phone telling me I was a f stick stupid CL troller with no money no job! He told me I better not flag it and said he blocked my number! Wow nice guy! Oh well I tried. He dropped it to 12 , 85, then $7500. Off CL for a couple of months, now back for $10,000.
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Id toss the wing ,hood and grill before I even got home. Looks good in black and you might get a few (very few) bucks for the Olds wheels.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:19 pm

It looks like it could be a nice car, if all the silly stuff was replace with OEM parts. My '74 Malibu had those wheels when I bought in'90, 14 inch size. Not sure which wheels are correct....but I replaced them with 15 inch rally types from a '77...

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:34 pm

Keep posting anything you find toolman. I'm sure we'd all like to see what's out there and how much people are "asking" for our cars.
This car probably holds a lot of potential from the looks of it, but I doubt he'll get his asking price. I personally think it's too far out there in it's style for the average person.
I've had a couple of conversations over on FB about his fender pricing. I made an offer of a trade of some parts he was looking for, for his truck. He basically told me I didn't know my pricing of parts. I did let him know that I had sold auto parts for 28 years and I did know my pricing, but he was kind of a putz about it, so I let it go.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down