G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it worth it?

+5
77camino
Podor
Mcarlo77
thatfnthing
pila
9 posters

Go down

Is it worth it? Empty Is it worth it?

Post by SSTOOLMAN Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:16 pm

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/d/1975-chevrolet-chevelle/6329349401.html
Looks like a solid low mileage driver but $13,000?
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it?

Post by pila Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:00 pm

Looks like a nice one alright. I guess it would depend on if a buyer would spend that much restoring one, as opposed to buying a nice original...

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:00 pm

I'm not seeing the engine size, but wasn't the TH400 only paired with the 454? If it's as good as the pictures make it seem, I could see it.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:28 pm

It's a nice one!

Don't quite get the Laguna S-3 badge on the rear...but, whatever.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:41 pm

It's a twin to Damon23's car when he bought it.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Podor Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:48 pm

It says 350 over the side marker, but it isn't the original badge. If I were a betting man, that started life as a 350 2 barrel car. I would even doubt the TH400. I would have to see a bunch more pictures, like truck and floor pans. Not $13k for sure. I also wouldn't pay that for any plain Chevelle of any year. Old cars in general are super high on Craigslist and ebay lately. None are selling either.
Podor
Podor
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon23 Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:55 am

That car failed on ebay earlier this year. It for sure is a great looking car but i'm partial to the color combo. You'd be a fool if you were going to spend more than $10k on a car and not go look at it. That a good person to person phone call will tell you a lot as well. This whole is it worth it stuff makes for conversation but you have to look at it logically. Buy a busted one and get it running. How much would you spend? Then paint it, then put interior in it and what is your total? Even if you do the work yourself you'll have money into it. In the end it comes down to how much a person wants one, how much work they can do themselves and do they want to put in the work themselves or turn a key. Value of the car really lies in the mind of the person that is right there looking it over talking to the owner making a deal.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:37 pm

So true Damon. It's only worth what someone's willing to pay for it.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 77camino Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:06 pm

The big question I would have is has it been repainted? Seller did not state if it was original or not. Spending that kind of money I would want to know what was under new paint. I'm not sure about a 75, but that blue interior looks like the wrong shade of blue.
77camino
77camino
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon23 Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:50 pm

It looks the same as mine. Of course my car was a darker shade of blue but has a color change.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by albert demoet Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:42 pm

It's nice bit not $13,000 nice.  I'd say more like $6800.00 in near pristine condition. If that were a similar condition ElCamino then yes. Easy $13,000 on the low side.

albert demoet
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:15 pm

I take it you have an El Camino albert demote?
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SSTOOLMAN Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:30 am

I always wonder about the low mileage being accurate, unless it comes with a sat in grandpas garage for 35 years story. Years ago I sold a high mileage excellent condition AWD van my wife drove for 5 years with 127K on it for $3500. The buyer then turned the speedo back and resold it with 38K on it  for $8000. The new buyers buddy was a dodge mechanic and somehow read the actual mileage off the computer. When they couldn't find the guy I sold it to they came after me because I admitted I didn't wright the mileage on the title (my bad  but it was freezing cold outside when we made the deal)  it was investigated, it turned out ok because  I had proof it was advertised for 127K in the classifieds so I wasn't charged. BIG Hassel! Ill never just sign a title and hand it over again that's for sure.
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down