G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it worth it?

Go down

Is it worth it? Empty Is it worth it?

Post by SSTOOLMAN on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:23 am

Wow! I guess he wants it gone!
I think everyone has thought this about a car they were selling at some time or another.
https://janesville.craigslist.org/cto/d/F***-this-car-reduced-price/6234374437.html
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Is it worth it? Empty Re: Is it worth it?

Post by thatfnthing on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:33 am

Seems like a nice car. Wonder why he hates it so much?
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:20 am

What's with the F bomb? It seems like an okay car, not sure why it hasn't sold. I'd still only offer him around $7k. Is the guy being difficult?
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by BBMALIBU on Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:22 am

thatfnthing wrote:Wonder why he hates it so much?

If its as nice in person as it is in the photos.....its probably worth it.

I don't think the seller hates the car.....probably a selling tactic.....make the buyer believe he wants to dump it.
BBMALIBU
BBMALIBU
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:52 am

: I don't think the seller hates the car.....probably a selling tactic.....make the buyer believe he wants to dump it.

Would have just the opposite effect on me as a Buyer. I'd be wondering what's going on with the car to make someone that pissed off.

Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:41 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:
: I don't think the seller hates the car.....probably a selling tactic.....make the buyer believe he wants to dump it.

Would have just the opposite effect on me as a Buyer.  I'd be wondering what's going on with the car to make someone that pissed off.

I agree, especially since its been listed for the last couple of months. It would also make me think, as a buyer, that I could offer way lower than he wants since he is writing that he hates the car and wants it gone.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by SSTOOLMAN on Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:42 pm

This guy started at $15,000 way more than a year ago. The F bomb Sales tactic is a interesting take. But I think he really thought the 454/4 speed and special seats was going to give him a Mopar type all original, 440 Hemi, dog dish response by buyers and it was going to rain money. Its probably f-ing  frustration. The kind frustration I feel after detailing my car for a whole day, taking it a small  a show,  watching  a judge fawn over it then seeing the  trophy go to a 69 Camaro with holes in the floorboards, mud covering the roof and best of all.... missing the back bumper! (that really happened) class 69-79 slightly modified. it was me and him for 1 trophy.
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:59 pm

SSTOOLMAN wrote:The kind frustration I feel after detailing my car for a whole day, taking it a small  a show,  watching  a judge fawn over it then seeing the  trophy go to a 69 Camaro with holes in the floorboards, mud covering the roof and best of all.... missing the back bumper! (that really happened) class 69-79 slightly modified. it was me and him for 1 trophy.

That's why I don't bother with any show there'll be a 'judge' at -- the fix is already in. Just like dog shows -- the same breeds always win.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon23 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:09 pm

SSTOOLMAN wrote:This guy started at $15,000 way more than a year ago. The F bomb Sales tactic is a interesting take. But I think he really thought the 454/4 speed and special seats was going to give him a Mopar type all original, 440 Hemi, dog dish response by buyers and it was going to rain money. Its probably f-ing  frustration. The kind frustration I feel after detailing my car for a whole day, taking it a small  a show,  watching  a judge fawn over it then seeing the  trophy go to a 69 Camaro with holes in the floorboards, mud covering the roof and best of all.... missing the back bumper! (that really happened) class 69-79 slightly modified. it was me and him for 1 trophy.

You couldn't be any more correct on the judging. That right there is why I don't pay to enter small local shows. Cruise ins are just fine with me. On the subject of the car. I think he needs a bigger audience. Get it on ebay and get better exposure. When I was looking I searched within about a 300 mile radius on CL and gave up and went to ebay. I know their can be games played on ebay as much as CL.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:37 pm

Agree w/ SStoolman.

That car should be on Hemmings. Their audience is more of the collector that's interested in rarity and numbers.

I'm not 100% but I think that car was bought off ebay for about what he's asking.
It appears as if someone thought he was gonna make big bucks on a quick flip and found out otherwise.

I think it's worth what he's asking. Problem is that most guys that would buy it already have a their car.

Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by SSTOOLMAN on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:39 pm

I don't know if you guys remember this one, red 74 Malibu original 454 4 speed car?   It sold in mid-end August I was on vacation in Virginia watching  my Daughter Graduate and receive a commission as 2nd Lieutenant in the Army National Guard.  The 74  dropped to $6000  on CL and was gone after about 4 days. I wasn't home so there wasn't anything I could do about it.
Sorry to say my plan would have been to swap out my 350 automatic for the original 454 4 speed  and all that goes with it in that car into my SS. The  perfect dash would have been a nice bonus. Then I would have put my SS motor/trans in the 74 and sold it for $3500 to $4500
Its probably a good thing I didn't buy it.
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down