G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fiberglass laguna nose panel

+4
Joe73
calsdad
Digger
Greenmachine
8 posters

Go down

Fiberglass laguna nose panel  Empty Fiberglass laguna nose panel

Post by Greenmachine Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:01 pm

Hello everyone, this year I’ve been buying up various parts to ready myself for paint and body. Already bought quarter skins and a spoiler for the rear. Now I’m looking for a fiberglass laguna nose and a glass hood. Anyone have any place they recommend or don’t recommend? I’m not looking to build a show car but I don’t want wonky stuff that don’t fit at all either. So far I found rob aka showcars on eBay out of Canada, us body out of Florida and vnf fiberglass although it looks like they’re more for drag cars so the fiberglass is probably pretty thin and probably doesn’t fit that well. I also found glasstek but it looks like they just just offer the hood.

Little bit of mock up of my spoiler below

Fiberglass laguna nose panel  E6d3dd10
Greenmachine
Greenmachine
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Fiberglass laguna nose panel  Empty Re: Fiberglass laguna nose panel

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:22 pm

Hey. Here is my fiberglass nose. I got it from g3chevy. I think it’s from US Body. I was surprised at how well it does fit. Check it out.

Fiberglass laguna nose panel  59c72b10
Fiberglass laguna nose panel  06645210
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Greenmachine Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:37 pm

Out of every one I found online the us body ones looked the nicest. I also like that they offer heavier duty parts for street use.
Greenmachine
Greenmachine
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:38 pm

GlassTek is best place for Glass hoods and can come race weight or street weight you just have to ask ..... AND just an FYI Glasstek and VFN are Family that went there separate ways Decades ago IMHO Glasstek is a Better quality There is a Place in PA Fibre concepts has outstanding work also US Body source is ok for the glass Noses BUT there Hood quality is sub par

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Greenmachine Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:32 pm

Honestly limey that’s what I had in mind was getting the hood from glasstek and the nose from us body. That fiber concepts place is interesting also though, you ever actually see there work? They’re not too far from me I could just drive there and check them out
Greenmachine
Greenmachine
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:17 pm

Yea My Buddy Mike Rose in PA has a Rose Auto Body seriously you should check him out for Paint work he LOVES the second Gen Camaro's BUT is currently doing a 75 Malibu now

https://www.facebook.com/groups/159856854035621/permalink/4330812336940031/https://www.facebook.com/RoseAutoBody

Fiberglass laguna nose panel  Rose_a10

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:17 pm

He is In Jerome PA btw

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:56 pm

Hello Greenmachine, where did you find the spoiler? Looks great. Is that original or aftermarket? Did you look around at different options much?

Digger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:16 pm

Digger wrote:Hello Greenmachine, where did you find the spoiler? Looks great.  Is that original or aftermarket? Did you look around at different options much?

Our Gen Never came with a Spoiler EXCEPT FOR My 1977 Chevelle SE, The one in Picture looks like a 69 Camaro spoiler and If interested in One I will have one for sale soon Will need a lttle cosmetic attention from storage but price will reflect that

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:51 pm

I have seen some on Laguna, similar to your build. I take it you are going without your spoiler? I have seen some fabricated of course, all internet stuff.

I think something subtle would look good on the Malibu. Actually something like you see on the new Dodge challengers. I will go look at your pictures right now if that’s the one you are going to part with.

Digger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Greenmachine Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:56 am

That’s actually a 67-68 camaro spoiler. It’s definitely not direct fit though that was when I mocked it up in my garage. Needs trimming to fit the car the way I want it to. Also considering cutting it and making it a little longer so it hangs off the sides of the deck lid more.
Greenmachine
Greenmachine
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:01 pm

Digger wrote:I have seen some on Laguna, similar to your build. I take it you are going without your spoiler? I have seen some fabricated of course, all internet stuff.

I think something subtle would look good on the Malibu. Actually something like you see on the new Dodge challengers. I will go look at your pictures right now if that’s the one you are going to part with.

NO that is NOT the spoiler I am reffering to its Just like the one Pictured in Greenmachine pics SO MINE must be 67 68 also

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Seymore Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:45 pm

Digger wrote:I have seen some on Laguna, similar to your build. I take it you are going without your spoiler? I have seen some fabricated of course, all internet stuff.

Here's what GM did on that last SEMA showcar.

I will probably do something similar, when the time comes.

K

Fiberglass laguna nose panel  Attachment

Keith Seymore
Keith Seymore
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Seymore Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:47 pm

Limey SE wrote:GlassTek is best place for Glass hoods and can come race weight or street weight you just have to ask ..... AND just an FYI Glasstek and VFN are Family that went there separate ways Decades ago IMHO Glasstek is a Better quality There is a Place in PA Fibre concepts has outstanding work also US Body source is ok for the glass Noses BUT there Hood quality is sub par

I can second this -

All the big dogs in the race association use Glasstek or VFN.

I have parts from US Body Source:  a street bolt on flat hood, a liftoff cowl hood and a glass front bumper.  Like any fiberglass part it takes a little adjustment to make them fit and work.

K

Keith Seymore
Keith Seymore
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Limey SE and S3TPI like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by calsdad Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:50 am

More than twenty years ago when I started restoring / modifying my 75,  I bought a US Body cowl induction hood as my first piece.  Originally I was going to go with steel fenders and an original S3 urethane nose.  I found the hood didn't fit very well - and was actually warped up on the front edges.  I had to make a big jig and massage the fiberglass to the right profile to fit the front end of the car properly.

I later scrapped my original idea and went with an entire fiberglass front nose - using US Body fenders , which I also had to massage to get them to fit properly on the car.  At the time they didn't make a fiberglass 75-76 style S3 nose - so I built one myself.  I also got a US Body trunk lid - which did seem to fit ok, but I modded that with a big spoiler.

I guess what I'm getting at here - is that don't be surprised if you have to spend some time modding the fiberglass pieces to get a good fit out of them.  

Fiberglass laguna nose panel  Carr110
calsdad
calsdad
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:40 am

I agree that you might have to "adjust" fiberglass panels to fit correctly.  I had to widen my L88 glass hood 1/4" wider on the pass side and 1/8" on the driver side.  Not a big deal but makes everything look correct.  The pics make it look a bit wider than it actually is since the hood it open a bit and the fender and hood are jambed out for paint. But its a nice tight, even fit.

Fiberglass laguna nose panel  Hood_d10
Fiberglass laguna nose panel  Hood_p10
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Seymore Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:39 am

REVINKEVIN wrote:Hey. Here is my fiberglass nose. I got it from g3chevy. I think it’s from US Body. I was surprised at how well it does fit. Check it out.

Fiberglass laguna nose panel  59c72b10
Fiberglass laguna nose panel  06645210

Kevin - do you happen to recall how much that fiberglass nose weighed?

Thanks,

K
Keith Seymore
Keith Seymore
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:34 am

Hey Keith. If I remember correctly, the bare shell with no lights or brackets was 18 lbs. it took about 150 lbs off of the nose of my car. The stock Laguna nose is super heavy.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by bucket Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:25 pm

Joe73 wrote:I agree that you might have to "adjust" fiberglass panels to fit correctly.  I had to widen my L88 glass hood 1/4" wider on the pass side and 1/8" on the driver side.  Not a big deal but makes everything look correct.  The pics make it look a bit wider than it actually is since the hood it open a bit and the fender and hood are jambed out for paint.  But its a nice tight, even fit.

Fiberglass laguna nose panel  Hood_d10
Fiberglass laguna nose panel  Hood_p10

Who makes the L88 hood? I thought I was going to have to bond an L88 scoop to a flat fiberglass hood.

bucket
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:46 pm

FibreConcepts in Pennsylvania makes an L88

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by bucket Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:58 pm

Limey SE wrote:FibreConcepts in Pennsylvania makes an L88

Awesome, thanks!

bucket
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Seymore Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:49 pm

REVINKEVIN wrote:Hey Keith. If I remember correctly, the bare shell with no lights or brackets was 18 lbs. it took about 150 lbs off of the nose of my car. The stock Laguna nose is super heavy.

Thank you -

K
Keith Seymore
Keith Seymore
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down