G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TH350 Modulator

3 posters

Go down

TH350 Modulator Empty TH350 Modulator

Post by 76 Malibu Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:43 pm

I installed a Transgo shift kit in my transmission, and what a big improvement in shift quality. Now I'd like to update the modulator. Any recommendations on a good one? Summit sells an adjustable one for a good price that has good reviews:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g110
76 Malibu
76 Malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

TH350 Modulator Empty Re: TH350 Modulator

Post by bracketchev1221 Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:15 am

They are all about the same. They have a small window of adjustment so you're not going to change shift points by a ton. But I have used quite a few of them.
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by zucchi Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:40 am

As you likely know, the purpose of the modulator is to tell the transmission when to shift based on engine load/vacuum. Engine vacuum is dependent on atmospheric pressure. The only time you'll really notice a difference in shift points is when you're driving at high elevations such as the Colorado Rockies. The original modulators were color coded based on application and where the car was being sold to; cars sent to Florida would get a different modulator than those sent to Utah. This is why Cadillac had an enormous modulator on their transmissions. That big can was adjustable and designed to compensate for changes in atmospheric pressure. The dealer would do the final adjustment just before the customer would take possession of the car. If you really want an adjustable modulator, go with GM# 3027843 or 3027823.
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down