G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

coreys73chevelle full exhaust on and idle dropped

+4
JB2wheeler
bigredlaguna
orange Juiced
74MonteCarlo
8 posters

G3GM :: Media :: Videos

Go down

coreys73chevelle full exhaust on and idle dropped Empty coreys73chevelle full exhaust on and idle dropped

Post by coreys73chevelle Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:30 pm

got the full exhaust hooked up...jegs 2.5" dual exhuast to the rear bumper got the idle down but still needs a little tuning. sounds awsome though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNba-TR7S_c

Last edited by coreys73chevelle on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

coreys73chevelle full exhaust on and idle dropped Empty Re: coreys73chevelle full exhaust on and idle dropped

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:37 pm

Sweet...

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

coreys73chevelle full exhaust on and idle dropped Empty Re: coreys73chevelle full exhaust on and idle dropped

Post by The Dude Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:09 pm

Lovin it Corey! Let's see some cruising vids......

I know you probably posted it before, but what mufflers did you go with?
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Thumbs up

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by orange Juiced Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:34 pm

Was it u Cory that got the exhaust kit? Everything is bent and all u have to do is cut and weld?
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:43 pm

Can't wait to see it on the road!
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:51 am

Rago wrote:Lovin it Corey! Let's see some cruising vids......

I know you probably posted it before, but what mufflers did you go with?

i didnt but the exhaust it came new in the box when i got the car. its the JEGS header back dual 2.5" kit with thier mufflers its basically summit turbo mufflers. they make the kits for G3's its $210 and i have short flowtech headers.

i had a lot of dirt in the exhaust though as it was installed on the car in like 2007? and has been on there dropped from the headers until this month so there is a lot of crap in it and moisture looked like a diesel on the first rev now it clean though its not the motor lol

Last edited by coreys73chevelle on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:52 am

orange Juiced wrote:Was it u Cory that got the exhaust kit? Everything is bent and all u have to do is cut and weld?

yes

http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/JEGS-Dual-Exhaust-Kits/751868/10002/-1
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:58 am

i think i need to dump it under the rear end??? just take a blade to it right before the axle. any opinons?
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:06 am

coreys73chevelle wrote:
orange Juiced wrote:Was it u Cory that got the exhaust kit? Everything is bent and all u have to do is cut and weld?

yes

http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/JEGS-Dual-Exhaust-Kits/751868/10002/-1

i think these are the mufflers they use they dont tell you though. haha
http://www.jegs.com/p/Dynomax/Thrush-Turbo-Mufflers/744696/10002/-1
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:39 pm

coreys73chevelle wrote:i think i need to dump it under the rear end??? just take a blade to it right before the axle. any opinons?
I don't know, just guessing, but it looks to me like with the wheels drawing air forward and the motion of the car pulling air rearward there MIGHT be a chance of exhaust gases working its way inside the car with the tailpipes cut off in front of the axles. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:38 pm

I've been in cars with the exhaust done like that, with Flows and glasspacks. I don't recall smelling exhaust in the cabin- but that doesn't mean there wasn't CO getting in. However, we usually cruised with the windows down so that was never worried about.

The main thing is that it will increase the noise inside the cabin. If you ever heard the Flowmaster drone on a full length exhaust, doing this will be louder than that.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:35 pm

I could not stand the noise at 65 MPH, you could not even talk without holloring. I finally broke down and put resonators at the very rear of the pipes. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:32 am

yea ill just leave it i hate drone
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:38 am

One thing of concern when dumping the exhaust right in front of the rear axle is heat. I'm guilty of dumping exhaust & I've never personally had a problem, but when I was going through ASE Cert. that topic was brought up & a very good point came from the instructor: "The heat from the exhaust would blow right onto the axle. If you end up cruising for a good length of time, it can cause the axle to heat up & break down the grease inside. Once the grease breaks down it's only a matter of time before something goes boom...." To me that makes sense so if I ever dump again, it will have turndowns or will kick out to the side.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:07 am

Dumping it after the mufflers might sound cool, but it's the easy way out. Take the extra time and a little money and finish the job.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:28 pm

yeah man i started out by putting dual flowmasters dumped off at the axle and loved the sound...except for when i had to drive longer than 5 minutes, driving on the street with mufflers like that will drive you nuts...not to mention im pretty sure i lost some of my hearing from it.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down