G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AN ALL OUT CALL OUT FOR ALL MEMBERS THAT WANT TO MEET

+14
77mali
74 chevelle malibu
Hawk03
Limey SE
vegadan
El Road
JB2wheeler
pila
lagunainnewark
1973chevelle
Jedediah
Fishgrinder
74Guna
The Dude
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

AN ALL OUT  CALL OUT FOR ALL MEMBERS THAT WANT TO MEET  - Page 2 Empty Re: AN ALL OUT CALL OUT FOR ALL MEMBERS THAT WANT TO MEET

Post by Limey SE Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:27 pm

MCARLO77 I hope you bring your car Maybe follow each other and I know theres some from the area you could caravan down

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 98

Back to top Go down

AN ALL OUT  CALL OUT FOR ALL MEMBERS THAT WANT TO MEET  - Page 2 Empty Re: AN ALL OUT CALL OUT FOR ALL MEMBERS THAT WANT TO MEET

Post by pila Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:14 pm

Not a good date for me & my Malibu, but hope you get a good turnout. I'll be playing at a steel guitar convention that week.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:43 pm

pila wrote:Not a good date for me & my Malibu, but hope you get a good turnout. I'll be playing at a steel guitar convention that week.
Steel Guitar, I love it! I look at all the convention youtube videos all the time. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by El Road Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:44 pm

Wish I could come. Someone take lots of pictures?

Probably wouldn't be a whole lot anyway, but are Oaklands and Opels(Buick sold) allowed?

El Road
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:35 pm

yes sir they are and We have this on 3 different sites I have some guys coming from Canada, Louissana, MIchigan, kansas Iowa, Minnesota Texas you get the Idea

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:09 pm

From Boston, MA to Codova, IL- 1,150 Miles- 19 hours & 20 minutes...Maybe if my car is done (or done enough) and I can get some New Yorkers and other New England members to caravan w/ me- Like Cannon Ball Run...

Ant7377?, Joe73?, DCastane?, G3Nut?
afro Beer Smoking GoFast affraid
AN ALL OUT  CALL OUT FOR ALL MEMBERS THAT WANT TO MEET  - Page 2 978692
happy bowtie
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:34 am

Seeing as I've never been to that neck of the woods before can you give us a loction for hotel's close by. The wife did not want to camp with out camper so we would be hoteling it. Plus the drive over is the fun part for us.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:12 pm

AN ALL OUT  CALL OUT FOR ALL MEMBERS THAT WANT TO MEET  - Page 2 Sec_bar

Amenities
Host Hotels

Comfort Inn Riverview

902 Mississippi View Dr.
LeClaire, IA
(563) 289-4747

Spacious rooms- Indoor Pool- Hot Tub- Exercise Room- Free High Speed Internet- Free Deluxe Continental Breakfast

Conveniently located just 20 minutes from the track, I-80 and Exit 306 LeClaire, Iowa

Convenience store, grocery store, Mc Donald's and restaurants with in walking distance

Over 5 years CDP host hotel.

www.leclairecomfortinn.com

LeClaire Super 8

1552 Welcome Center Dr.
LeClaire, IA
(563) 289-5888

Spacious Suites- Recliners- Superstart Breakfast

Conveniently located just 20 minutes from the track, I-80 and Exit 306 LeClaire, Iowa

Convenience store, grocery store, Mc Donald's and restaurants with in walking distance

Over 5 years CDP host hotel.

www.super8.com

Super 8 Motel
Clinton, IA
(563) 242 - 8870
1-800-800-8000

Spacious Rooms - High Speed Internet - Superstart Plus Breakfast

Centered on the miracle mile on Highways 67 & 30

www.super8.com

Restaurants

Mississippi Cafe
308 South Main, Albany, IL
Brother's Family Restaurant
1718 2nd Ave. Rapids City, IL
Duey's Corner Tap
102 Main St. Port Byron, IL
G's Riverfront Cafe
102 South Main Port Byron, IL

Camping

Camp Hauberg
Port. Byron, IL
(309) 523-2168

www.camphauberg.com

Visitor Information

Quad Cities Convention And Visitors Bureau

Illinois Quad Cities Chamber Of Commerce

Clinton Iowa Chamber Of Commerce

Fulton Illinois Chamber Of Commerce

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:27 pm

Well just wnat to let you know we reserverd rooms at the supper 8 1552 Welcome Center Dr. LeClaire, IA Location for the three of us. (1958 pontiac cheiftian, 80 chev short box with olds motor and Wallys 73 malibu) So if anyone else from MN is planning on going let me know and we can have us a "convoy" heading over and back.
I know it's a ways out yet but if you don't make it happen it never will.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:05 am

Limey SE wrote:NO more excuses lets make this the Biggest showing of G3's in history the Date has been set for October 5TH, 6TH, 7TH 2012, yes 2012 you have one year to get it it together.

It will be Held at Cordova Dragway , Cordova, Illinois on the border of Illinois / Iowa

Free on site Camping with admission price of $11.oo per person kids will be $3.oo ages 6 to 12 under 6 will be free admission
If enough ABodies show they can set up our own class for us to run in

If you run Slicks it is a Madatory driveshaft loop required, but if running street tires none is needed, Helmets are not required unless you are 13.99 or lower the exception to this rule is Convertibles and T-Top cars YOU ARE REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES TO WEAR HELMET ON TRACK ( well while driving on the 1/4 ), they do have track helmets for rental for 10 bucks for the day if you do not own one, LOL

Was looking into the camping thing. The on site camping you say is free does that have electric hook ups? The camp ground they list is off site at 22 a nite.
You can either race in the class they set up for us, or race for cash in the BOP division, or in the trophy division but that is a all in car catagory not just ABodies.

Test & Tune / Trophy division Car & Driver $20.oo to enter that one.
BOP Cash race Car & driver $35.oo
Car & driver Quick 8 $75.oo

To run in the BOP Division Car / Truck has to Be 100% motor wise either Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac powered tech for this event will be minimal but is NHRA enforced so there rules will apply.

The track will be offering some items for the long haul awards and I will be Having Stickers and T-Shirts for Long Haulers as well.

More details will follow as they are available !!!!

http://www.cordovadrag.com/index.html

AN ALL OUT  CALL OUT FOR ALL MEMBERS THAT WANT TO MEET  - Page 2 Map_000
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:52 pm

WELL GOT THE NEW SCHEDULE FROM CORDOVA THEY CHANGED THE DATES TO FRIDAY THE `12TH FUN NIGHT AND SAT THE 13TH FOR THE BOP RACE I HOPE ALL CAN STILL MAKE IT
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:07 pm

Just changed our hotel reservations and luckly so far all three of us are still able to make it. So invite still stands if anyone wants to drive with us from St Paul MN on down let me know.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:20 am

Well is anyone else from MN planning on attending? We have 4 of us going in my group so far. If you want to ride with a group for strength in numbers you are more than welcome to tag along. Our plan is looking like this so far.

Friday 11th We will meet at the Target store at I-35 and 185th in Lakeville and leave there at 8:45am and head down. This would get us to Waterloo, Iowa about 12:45pm allowing for a couple of bathroom/gas fill-up stops. We could eat at the Maid Rite at 2808 University Ave. in Waterloo. Allowing about an hour for lunch we would then arrive in LeClaire, Iowa about 4:15 – 4:30pm. At that time we could decide if we wanted to head over to the motel or go check out the American Pickers store first. On the way home Sunday we could make a visit to the Field of Dreams site and head home from there.

We are staying at Super 8 in LeClair

We posted our plans incase you want to meet up along the way. If you want to attend let me and I’ll get you some contact information and we can go from there.

We are down to about a month out now so its time to get plans in order.

Wally
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vegadan Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:23 am

Is anybody from the Chicago area going? Let me know-maybe we can caravan out there.
vegadan
vegadan
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:39 am

Myself and a friend are in Rockford area and heading out Friday night
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:39 am

I'm glad I found this thread. I am in Indy but my car (at my parent's house) is close to Iowa City. I may try and make it, not sure about the car though, its not too road ready even for that short of distance.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:20 pm

Hey Limey do we need to pre register or can we just pull in on Saturday for the show?

Thank Wally
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:17 am

Just pull in the Owner is Gonna Have a spot set up for Us, But need to get Definate yes / no for a head count for space for our Land Barges
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:50 am

Put me down for one car. I have 3 others attending with me but they are not driving one of our land barges. Although my Brothers 58 pontiac cheftian 4door hard top is way bigger then ours cars that will be there with me.

Thanks

Wally
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:29 am

The wife and I will be there at least Saturday. Still trying to get off Friday and show up. For any campers out there found a KOA in Rock Island Illinois only 25 miles away that we are going to stay at. http://koa.com/campgrounds/rock-island
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:05 pm

Ghost Rider wrote:The wife and I will be there at least Saturday. Still trying to get off Friday and show up. For any campers out there found a KOA in Rock Island Illinois only 25 miles away that we are going to stay at. http://koa.com/campgrounds/rock-island

Forgot to mention they also have private cabins at 140 a nite. Don't know what the hotels get but this is another option.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74 chevelle malibu Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:23 pm

Thinking about coming, Will not know till next friday and depends on the weather. If anyone that is going has a rear bumper filler for a 74 and wanting to sell please let me know and a price that would be great. Hope to see everyone there.
74 chevelle malibu
74 chevelle malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:26 pm

Doesn't look like I will be able to make it. Not being close to my car hampers my ability to make it road worthy for a small road trip. Its disappointing.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Anybody checked the weather for next weekend? 40%chance of rain. Hoping the 60% off no rain wins out.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:08 pm

Just found out wife can't get the time off! So I guess we won't becoming after all. Bummed but nothing we can do. Hope you guys have a good time.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next